Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time will tell

+2
Tolly12bells
PeggySnow
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Time will tell Empty Time will tell

Post by PeggySnow Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:12 pm

Okay, I know I have a some-what bad habit of not finishing stories, but I can promise you this, IT WILL BE FINISHED! Oh, and so will "Roses and Thorns", I've already written the next chapter Nod Anyways, without further ado, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, "TIME WILL TELL"!

Overview, "blurb", or back of the book

The blurb: When a leathery bird bites Anna, nothing is ever the same again. She finds herself in another world, filled with constant running, and terror. Will anything ever be the same again?

Character bio's.
Anna Raye

Spoiler:

Charlotte Allison Gilligan

Spoiler:

Prologue
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Chapter 2
Chapter 2
Spoiler:

Chapter 3
Spoiler:
Chapter 4
Spoiler:

Chapter 5
Shattered
When you’re told that your own sister will try to literally kill if you see her again, you first go into denial. Then, your heart shatters. Absolutely shatters.
Edger’s eyes were sad, they seemed to droop. “I’m very sorry, Anna. That’s the whole reason we made the rule, so that we wouldn’t lose any more Demons.” his face now looked… sympathetic.
“I… I don’t know what to say,” my eyes filled with tears. “The last time I saw my sister, I wanted to kill her! And, and now, I’ll never be able to see her again!” my voice broke on the last words. How could this be happening. If I was chatting with Lacey right now, the faces I would’ve made would be: L :’( D’: All sad, depressed faces. That itself, is sad and depressing.
“Not always,” Edger said, his face lighting up. “You will see her again. In battle, though,” he added.
I filled up with rage, so much, that I felt like I might burst. With a mighty roar, I spread my wings, and lifted myself into the air, kicking Edger hard, square in the stomach. The force of it sent him flying back words into the wall, the rule bulletin board falling on top of him.
I angled my wings so that I had a clear shot of getting out of the room, and rocketed out, like a bullet sent from a gun, while tears streamed down my face. As I flew out, I heard the girl, Gail, call to me, “Hey, new girl! Anna, right? Your room is ready in compartment L-21. If you’d like to go there now, I’d be more than happy to show it to you!” she was very cheerful, though I knew that she was looking at my tear-stained face.
“S-s-sure, p-please -s-sh-show m-me,” I mumble-sobbed.
Gail frowned. “What happened, Anna? I’ve hardly ever seen a Demon cry before, and when I have, never like this…” she snapped her fingers, and a headset appeared on her head. She immediately began talking into it, a rush of words. When she was done speaking into it, she snapped her fingers again, and it disappeared. “Sorry about that. Now, please, follow me…” she continued to talk in her cheerful way, but something was a bit off.
“T-thank you,” I muttered, though I knew something was wrong. Something I couldn’t quite put my finger on….
“Miss Gilligan?”
“Hmm?” I asked, my head snapping up. Funny, I hadn’t even noticed that I was bent over, looking at my shoes again, until I was practically kneeling on the ground. “Are you coming?” Gail asked, looking more suspicious than before.
“Uh, yeah,” I said. “Just uh, just…” What could I say? What was I doing? “I was just, um, tying my shoes. I- I thought that maybe it’d become untied. Nope! Ha ha ha.”
Gail nodded, eyeing me. “Of course, Miss Gilligan. Now, as I was saying, please follow me into compartment L-21. Unless you had somewhere else to go, that is,” she added.
“Nope. Just… should I call this ‘home’?” I asked, sniffling.
Gail smiled. “You may call it whatever you like, really. Though please don’t use the term ‘Hell’, since, no matter how much it feels like you’re there, you’re not.” She turned around, and took a sudden left, not checking to see if I was following.
I trailed behind Gail, my mind fuzzy, and full of thoughts I didn’t really have the answer to. I reflected on what she’d said, “No matter how much it feels like you’re there, you’re not”. What had that meant? Anything? Should I be concerned? I sighed. If only there were someone to talk to here, someone I would be able to talk to, someone like…. Lacey. My best friend on Earth, pretty much my only friend on Earth-
“Watch it, punk!” A voice hissed angrily in my ear. I realized at that moment, that I had been knocked over, and was on my butt. Huh. Across from me, her back against the box-office type setting, sat a sneering girl, wavy bleach-blond hair that fell to her chest. She was average in everything; average looks, average height…. Only her weight. She was very skinny. She emphasized that, wearing a tight baby blue cami, and very tight light washed skinny jeans.
“Willow!” Gail exclaimed, dropping her clipboard, sending a flurry of papers flying everywhere, in her attempt to help the girl up. “Are you all right?!”
“Yeah, fine,” Willow said, giving me a death stare. “What’s your problem, moron?” she hissed again.
“I-I’m sorry, Miss Verch. She’s a new Demon; no sense sharpening herbs in her yet,” Gail laughed nervously, as she helped Willow onto her feet.
A bit angry at the fact that no one had helped me up, I sprang to my feet, and sniffed at Willow, turning my back on her. She gasped an “Oh no you di’int!” gasp, and, peeking out of the corner of my eye, I saw her small hands placed on her teeny hips. “Did you just turn your back on me?!” she squawked.
I couldn’t believe her! Who the heck did she think she was?! I squared my shoulders, my voice probably muted from being turned away from her. “Yes. And, oh em gee! I’m about to walk away from you, too. Gail, please show me to my compartment,”
I began walking away from Willow, until I realized that Gail was not following me. “Gail?” I called, worrying that I hadn’t taken a turn that she had, and had gotten myself lost. No answer. I turned around, but for some reason, everyone was gone. “Gail!” I shouted frantically. Nothing. Something was wrong, badly wrong. “GAIL!” I yelled a third time, knowing it was useless.
What had I done? From the looks of it, picked a fight with a very important Demon, and now, I’d lost my guide, to who knows where. I’d kicked the President, can never see my sister, and to top it all off, I’m lost. I’m just havin’ a FREAKIN’ WONDERFUL DAY. What was I going to do?
The only thing I could do. Sink down onto my knees, crawl into the corner, roll up into a ball, and cry.

When I woke up, I was on an extremely comfortable mattress, covered by thick blankets. They’re not uncomfortable, seeing as it’s still Summer, just kind of there. I don’t love ‘em, I don’t hate ‘em. But, that’s not my biggest concern. Who put me here, and, who found me?
I opened my eyes, and looked around. Everything in the room was white, from the sheets, to the mattress, to the carpet that ran up the walls, and onto the ceiling. Even the chandelier wass pure white. Not to mention, the room was huge. About the size of our whole house, back home.
“You’re finally awake.” It was not a question. I turned around to see Gale, sitting on white chair, at a white table. Next to him sat a girl with brown hair, brown eyes, and a pale flawless face. It was easy to see why anyone would like her. She wasn’t skinny, by any means, but in no way fat.
“Yeah,” I said. Then, his words sank in; You’re finally awake. “Gale? How long have I been out?”
“About seven hours,” the girl I’m assuming is Alicia piped up. “We found you in a storage compartment, completely passed out.”
“What? But, that’s impossible! I just sat down, and . . . ” I didn’t want to tell them that I’d pretty much passed out while crying! I mean, who does that? Anyways, how did I pass out?
“Well, as we said, you were in a storage compartment,” Gale said, “and you were leaning against a pipe. It just so happens that that pipe spews out toxic fumes, and you just put your head in them. Smooth move, jack donkey,” he says, frowning, obviously at least somewhat mad.
I hung my head, embarrassed, and ashamed. But then, I heard what he said. “‘Jack donkey’?” I laughed. “‘Jack donkey’?” I just about died laughing, my head thrown back.
“Hey,” Gale said, looking half amused, half irritated. “Swearing is frowned upon here, and it’s hard. You gotta use some improvising, around here,” he said, frowning. And that was fine with me, because I’ve never been on to swear, nor has my family.
I sat up, and also saw that instead of my denim shorts and cami, I was wearing a pale minty colored hospital gown. It hung just below my knees, and was held in the back by four large buttons. “How’d I get into this?” I asked, turning around and looking into the mirror that I hadn’t noticed before.
“Well,” began the-girl-I’m-assuming-is-Alicia, “when we found you, like I said, you were passed out by the vent. Concerned, we brought you to the infirmary, and tried to see if anything was wrong with you. I’m a healer, by the way,” she said, flipping her hair. “You weren’t knocked out long enough enough for any damage to be done. You’re lucky we found you when we did.”
“Oh . . . Well, er, thanks, I guess . . . ” I said, looking down. “Oh, hey, where’d my clothes go?” I asked. I didn’t want to go around in this.
“We confiscated them, they needed to be searched. Not that we think you’re dangerous, but--” Alicia was interrupted by Gale.
“Yes we do! That’s the whole reason she was searched was because she kicked the Pres, and pretty much had a mental breakdown. She’s not a child, Alicia, she doesn’t need to be lied to.” Gale said, somewhat fiercely.
“I was just trying to be nice.” Alicia muttered, looked mad and embarrassed.
“So,” I said, not wanting to get in the middle of the couple’s bickering. “When do I get my clothes back? I want to get out of this gown. Soon.” I’d never liked wearing dresses, I’d always felt too exposed, and this was no exception.
Gale looked down, while Alicia smirked. “Well,” began Gale, looking awkward, “you don’t get them back, exactly. You’re provided with one outfit, a grey t-shirt with jeans, and three hundred dollars. You may buy clothes wherever you like- in the US, though,” he said.
I nodded my head, but Gale still looked awkward, and Alicia was still smirking. “Am I missing something?” I asked suspiciously. Obviously, there was something, but what? Would I have to dress up in a clown costume?
“You’re provided a member of the Demons to shop with, and you must buy whatever they tell you to; it could be ridicules clothing, to lingerie, to, well, anything. But, like I said, you’re provided someone to shop with, and some people are nice about it, others brutal. Better hope they don’t put you with Jade, or Li.” Alicia said. She had that kind of smirk on her face that you just want to slap off.
“Or Eric. He made Ebony buy hideous bright yellow alligator skin boots, with a mini cocktail dressed. He made her wear it for a week. Man, it was funny! But awful for her,” said Gale, laughing at an old memory.
Alicia ignored Gale, and sighed, uncrossing her legs, putting her elbows on her knees, and put her head in her hands, rubbing her temples. “Gale.” she said shortly, as if she suddenly had a bad headache. “I want to leave, I have a headache.”
Gale stopped laughing, and sighed as well. “Our date’s over, I told you that you could leave if you wanted, but you insisted on coming with me. I’m not leaving my friend, Alicia.” Gale said, in the same short tone.
Alicia lifted up her head, and scowled. “Why?” she whined, only it dragged out, like Whhhyy. I hate that.
Suddenly, Gale shot up from his chair, and gave Alicia a look like he might strangle her. Instead, in a very strained voice, he said, “Alicia, please leave. What was left of our relationship is over.”
Alicia stood up as well, and gave Gale a “death stare”. “No,” he said, narrowing her eyes, and placing her hands on her hips. “You can’t make me-”
“Oh, but I can,” I said, narrowing my eyes. “You’re not welcome here anymore, Alicia. Please leave.” Gosh, what was her problem? Gale was to good for her. He didn’t deserve some whiney douche bag.
Alicia sniffed, and turned on her black high heeled shoe, her navy blue dress swirling. As she exited a room, she said a very nasty thing to us, and gave us a rude finger gesture before finally stalking out of the room. I turned from the door to Gale, who was now standing right next to me. “Can I tell you a secret?” he asked, his eyes sparkling mischievously. “I was paid to date her. I don’t even like her as a friend,” he said, “no one does.”
“Well, I can certainly see why!” I laughed.
Gale laughed too, but then looked away. “We, uh, better get you to see Edger, so he can assign you someone to shop with. After all, I don’t think you want to be wearing that hospital gown all day, eh?” he asked, but he wasn’t being funny in the slightest way. “He may be pretty mad about, um, earlier, so, let’s not waist time, and go to him.” he said, looking awkward.
“Er, right,” I said, looking away. We stood there for a couple of minutes, then Gale looked at me, as if questioning why I hadn’t moved yet. “Umm . . .” I said, looking down. “I don’t really know the way to his office- Does he have an office? Maybe it’s more of a--”
Gale gave me a crooked smile. “C’mon, follow me.” he said. Not checking to see if I was following or, not he too spun on his heel, and walked out of the room. Once he got to the door, he merely opened it, and, hopefully waited for me outside of the door. As I made my way out of the room, I noticed that there was a white-and-gold purse on the table. Unless Gale carries around a purse, I’m guessing it’s Alicia’s.
Outside, Gale was leaning against the wall, his golden eyes on the ceiling. Upon opening the door, the noise must’ve alerted him that I’d emerged. He smiled at me. “Lead the way,” I said, returning his gorgeous smile.
His grin widened. “With pleasure.” Once again, he started walking, leading me into unknown territory. I didn’t really pay attention to where we were going, I just kind of went with the flow, and started thinking about everything that’d happened, restating the facts: My name is Anna Gilligan. I am seventeen years old, and I am a “Demon”. My sister is a “Soul”, and if I see her again, she will kill me. I kicked the President of Demons. He probably hates me. Gale was paid to date an obnoxious girl-
“We’re here,” Gale said, turning to look at me, smiling a little. “Remember the way you came, because I don’t think I’ll be showing you back to your room, okay?” he said, his smile fading slightly. Heh heh. Whoops. I guess it was crucial that I paid attention. I would pay for that later, but one step at a time. Little baby steps. “. . . Anna! For the third time, I’m leaving now. ’Kay?” Gale said, looking at me suspiciously.
“Hmm? Oh, oh, right. Yeah, that’s fine. See ya Gale!” I said, about to go into the door he’d led me too. But then, something odd happened. Gale looked sideways, and, without thinking, (I think) he leaned in, and kissed me. It wasn’t long, just a little peck, not even an eighth of a second. As soon as it was over, he dashed off.
I touched my lips where he had kissed me, and then touched my cheeks, which were hot with blush. For once, I didn’t know what to say, what to think. I didn’t even know what to--
“Can I help you . . . ?” the voice belonged to Edger. Surprisingly, it didn’t sound angry, or like it was about to kill me; just is regular tone, maybe somewhat bored. Well. Another surprise.
It took me a while to find my voice. “Um, yeah. Gale directed be here to buy some new clothes. He said that you’d assign me someone to go shopping with, actually,” I said.
His eyes lit up when he saw me, like a small child looking at presents under a Christmas tree, on Christmas morning. “Anna! Just the Demon I’ve been wanting to see!” he exclaimed. “Come in, come in!”
Who would be so happy as to see me after I pummeled ‘em in the stomach? Something was seriously, seriously wrong.

Last edited by PeggySnow on Tue 28 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm; edited 10 times in total
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Time will tell Empty Re: Time will tell

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:15 pm

Ooh, sounds intriguing! Can't wait to read more, Peggy!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm

Why, thank you! *bows* More to coe soon! Nod
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

Yayyy!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Cool Glad you are excited! Xd
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 10 Aug 2010, 7:52 am

Yeah, that does look interesting! Can't wait!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by summer Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:49 am

It makes you want to read more.
summer
summer
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Music Is Love Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:52 am

Ooohh! This is defiantly going to be interesting. I'll be looking forward to more. Smile
Music Is Love
Music Is Love
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

http://calxanime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:04 pm

Sounds interesting! Smiley
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Thu 12 Aug 2010, 10:22 am

Yeah, it does. Can't wait for more!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

Chapter 1 up!
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue 17 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

Hm, interesting. Nod Good job!
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by summer Tue 17 Aug 2010, 2:19 pm

That was good.
summer
summer
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 2:20 pm

Thanks! Chapter 2 is being written.Nod
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 17 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

I liked it! Post soon!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 17 Aug 2010, 8:28 pm

Yes, please do!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 9:24 pm

Okay! Hopefully soon, or I may wait a while. Smug
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:24 pm

*GASP OF SHOCK* Something unnatural has to happen, because guess who didn't use their observation skills? *waves hand around in the air* OOH! OOH! PICK ME!!! *gets picked* I didn't. This is in the Fantasy section. O.o
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:28 pm

Yes, 'tis Smug It'll all come together. Nod
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:30 pm

Ooh. Post more!!! But not tonight. I might spaz out if I have to read any more tonight. *glances at Hunger Games* No... No... I'm not gonna... Not... Must... Not... xD
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

xD Chapter 2 isn't done anyways, so... xD

You must read more! Or else.. something will happen! *Gasp of horror*
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

I know! Katniss is just off to the feast on hopes of finding the medicine for Peeta. I feel so badly for Rue, though! Sad I have less than 100 pages to go, and I started last night at 10:00. xD I still need to read all the HP books before I go back to school though. I'm on #4 at the moment, and I think I can do it, cause I can speed read those ones. Nod
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

No idea what you're talking about! xD I soo wanna read Hunger Games...

OOOH! Good job, Lauren, it IS in the Fantasy section! I didn't notice! xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

Get the book and READ IT! And I'm going to warn you, the first bit is confusing, but just kinda blow by it, instead of trying to figure out what the words mean. It all gets explained.

LOL! YAY! We just failed our observation quizzes!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 17 Aug 2010, 10:42 pm

Yes, 'tis Smug

I loved Rue! Sad Yes, good job! With the reading, and just having a good eye! Nod
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next