Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contact

4 posters

Go down

Contact Empty Contact

Post by Dreamer Mon 22 Nov 2010, 5:05 pm

Prologue
Kyle Christoff was sprawled on his bed, tossing a football up in the air and catching it again. His eyes traveled around the disorganized bedroom, from the sports posters tacked onto the walls with duct tape to the abandoned English essay on the desk to the blue T-shirt that had been hanging from the ceiling fan for years now. As he glanced toward the window and the starry sky, his eye caught a glint of silver protruding from his dresser drawer. He started at it curiously, and the football he had thrown into the air hit him on the head. Cursing under his breath, he stood and crossed the room to investigate the mysterious glimmer.
He reached into the drawer and pulled out the object, a thin metal card with a bit of a shimmer. He turned it over in his hand, and noticed a symbol, an eye. For some reason, it was hypnotizing.
“Enchanting, isn’t it?”
Kyle jumped, ripping his eyes away from the card and whirling around. A girl who hadn’t been there a moment previously was sitting cross-legged on his bed, not meeting his eyes, but rather looking down at her lap and hi-top-clad feet. Her white-blonde hair fell in a curtain around her pale face.
“How did you get in here? Who are you?” Kyle asked after a stunned moment. She looked in every aspect to be a normal teenaged girl, but he had heard neither the door nor the windows open, and there was no way she could’ve accomplished the feat of sneaking noiselessly into his bedroom the moment he turned his back.
“It is I who should be asking you who you are, Kyle Alexander Christoff. You don't know yourself to the extent that you believe you do.”
“Er…” Kyle warily approached her. She seemed harmless enough...
“Don’t,” she said, without even glancing upward. Kyle froze. Nothing happened. “Do you know who I am?” the girl continued.
“Obviously not…”
“Do you recognize the symbol from the card?”
“Erm… this card?” He turned the metal card over in his hand. “Is it yours?”
“Do you recognize it?” she repeated.
“No… can you please tell me what’s going on here?” he begged.
“No.” The girl fingered her necklace, the pendant of which bore an identical symbol to the on the card. “But I can show you.” She looked up.
And Kyle was falling, falling into darkness. He couldn’t move; he couldn’t breathe. The only thing he saw were those shining, vibrant purple eyes.

Last edited by Dreamer on Mon 22 Nov 2010, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Contact Empty Re: Contact

Post by PeggySnow Mon 22 Nov 2010, 5:09 pm

Whoa, nice! I definitely want to read more of it! I wonder what's up with the symbol...
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Mon 22 Nov 2010, 5:20 pm

I have more written. Smug It's a short story I'm writing for English that may end up being my next novel.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 22 Nov 2010, 8:45 pm

Ooh, it makes me think of Harry going into TMR's diary in CoS... I can't wait to read more!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue 23 Nov 2010, 4:05 pm

Silly Ahh I didn't even think of that! Haha I actually might take this down, because this is probably going to be my next novel. xD I love how I showed you all the beginning and then I was like NAH. Well, IDK. We'll see.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 24 Nov 2010, 4:48 pm

Okay. Well, best of luck! This is very interesting. I look forward to reading it at some point. Smug
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Thu 25 Nov 2010, 9:21 am

Yeah, it is interesting. If you take it down, I fear I will have to angry mob you.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum