Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream

+2
Bela Kiss
Dreamer
6 posters

Go down

Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream Empty Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream

Post by Dreamer Fri 25 Sep 2009, 11:54 am

Well, I often write just a page or even just a paragrpah or the prolouge of a story and abandon it for the time being. These are just a few short snippets of mine. Nod

The first one I wrote last year.. not my best writing, but I still like it.
The second one is my favorite of these three, it's the prologue to my unfinished story "Moon Miricle" and yes I know that title is kinda lame but it makes sense later on in the book...
The third one is the beginning of a story I never got around to continuing.

- - -

I gazed at the horizon as the sky turned pink and orange. The lofty trees blocked the sun somewhat, a glowing orb now halfway behind them. What is beyond the horizon? I would never know.
I slowly let go of my legs and let them dangle. The water was cold, and my toes were soon numb. The wind whipped my hair around my face. And still I sat, feet dangling in the silvery water, speechless. Emotionless.
A million thoughts running through my mind.
I heard footsteps. I did not turn. I knew who was coming and why they were here.
He sat down beside me.
We sat in silence until the last glints of sunlight had disappeared.

- - -

The salty ocean air blew my hair back in a gust of joy. I smiled as I breathed it in. Finally, I was at peace.
Walking on the beach in the dead of night was certainly not the usual remedy, but it was extraordinary. The bright white moonlight was shining in the sky and glistening as a reflection on the water. The waves were crashing on the beach in a steady rhythm, foaming, and then slipping away ever so silently. A few crickets could be overheard chirping in the sand dunes, and there was not another person in sight.
I walked over to the lifeguard tower, a silhouetted figure, an island in the center of the beauty. The paint was chipped, and there was litter all around. It was tragic to think that people treated this beach as a trash can and did not care one single bit about its beauty, or its habitat. Sighing, I climbed up the ladder and sat in the chair. It was a beautiful view; I was able to see everything around me from a bird’s eye perspective.
I watched as the moon sank lower in the sky and realized it would soon, unfortunately, be time to go back. I climbed back down off the chair and left my shoes at the bottom. Then, I ran to the edge of the water.
My feet were instantly overcome by a cold wave that soaked the bottom of my dress and sent a tingling sensation through my spine. I reached down as the next wave hit and grabbed a rock that was sailing in.
As I held the rock up to the moonlight, I realized that it was clear, but with a pinkish-blue tint. It was warm, which was strange seeing as I had just pulled it out of fifty degree water. I clenched it tightly in my hand and walked back onto the beach.
I looked up at the sky and saw a beautiful orange-pink glow on the horizon. The night was quickly fading. I longed to stay and watch the sunrise, but I could not. I grabbed my shoes and ran to the top of the beach, turning back only once to say goodbye.

- - -

A fierce wind blew around Charlotte as she knelt on the cold hilltop, quite alone. The tears trickled silently down her face, and she sobbed into the nothingness and she stared at the headstone. It wasn’t fair…
She placed the fresh flowers at the foot of the headstone and wrapped her cloak tighter around her as she stood, shaking from her sobs. She was cold, but it made no difference to her; could anything ever feel warm and safe again, now that he was gone? Charlotte doubted she had ever loved anyone as much as him, and she found it near impossible that she would ever love again, ever smile again…
A strong, guiding hand closed around Charlotte’s shoulder and she followed its direction without question. Her brother had never led her wrong yet.
After a few moments of walking through the cemetery, Caleb stopped and turned to face her.
“Charlotte, you can’t keep coming here.” he said softly, his hand on her shoulder reassuringly. Charlotte nodded, numb.

- - -

Last edited by Dreamer on Sun 27 Sep 2009, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream Empty Re: Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream

Post by Bela Kiss Sun 27 Sep 2009, 9:02 am

I like the second one the best... but the good vocab one beats them all to a pulp!
Bela Kiss
Bela Kiss
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

http://ponderousbuffoon.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream Empty Re: Short snippets of uncompleted stories.. by Dream

Post by Dreamer Sun 27 Sep 2009, 9:28 am

I agree! Silly The second one is the prologue to my uncompleted story, "Moon Miricle". Lame title, kinda, but it makes sense further on in the book.
But the good vocab one does pwn! It's still unnamed.. although I'm working on Chapter 2... ^^ I'm having major WB though. Aria and Waverly and Tobias are all like bleah and IDK what else to do except for Aria to leave Alpine Cottage and..... oh wait! You didn't read that part in the story yet! Ignore me ignore me... o.O
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Tue 29 Sep 2009, 5:43 pm

Those are good! I like Moon Miracle, and the third one
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue 29 Sep 2009, 9:17 pm

^^ I like them all.
The first one is kind of an interesting thing, and you have to give alot of insight and speculate as to why she's there and what she's going through and such. It's really a completed story, you just have to use your imaginination...
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by agathachristie Wed 07 Oct 2009, 7:56 pm

Wow good story, but it is rather depressing.
agathachristie
agathachristie
Novice 2
Novice 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Wed 07 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

It's three seperate short stories, but thanks! Wink
Yes, my stories tend to be depressing. 'Cause I'm pretty much emo. I mean, I don't cut myself, but I'm emo. Nod
But you would never really guess, because I'm usually such a spazzy cheerful random person. Silly
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Fri 23 Oct 2009, 6:38 pm

I like them. Nod Nah, I don't think you're emo, I just think that you have your on and off days.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 07 Nov 2009, 10:56 pm

you're not emo. i like that, I have so many stories tha I never got around to finishing or even fully starting, I shall post them... hehe!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down