Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Rules

Go down

Site Rules Empty Site Rules

Post by Dreamer Thu 17 Sep 2009, 5:55 pm

These are the general site rules that are to be followed at all times. I know rules are annoying, but we gotta have them.

Be polite. Express different opinions in a kind way. Do not mock or make fun of other members. Do not be rude. Really, this isn't a very hard rule to follow, so I expect it to be followed at all times.

No curse words. Okay, well, maybe some. Mostly, just try to star it out.

Use proper language at all times. Try to use proper spelling and grammar as best you can, and please don't forget punctuation! It's hard to figure out what someone's saying if it's a bunch of incorrect spelling, unproper grammar jibberish with no puncutation. Please try to use proper language to the best of your ability. I understand saying things like "Lol", "Rofl", "JK", "OMG" and other computer shorthand like that, but don't be using so many abbriviations that we can't tell what you're saying. Because, really, is it that hard to type out "you" that you have to exclude the first two letters?

No typing in red or blue text. Red is for Admins, blue is for Mods. There are other shades that you can use instead of red and blue: like dark red and dark blue.

NO PLAGIARISM. Plagiarism is copying someone elses work and not giving them credit for it, or stealing others ideas without their permission. I do not want to see this happening under any circumstances.

Follow the rules for each section. Each section has their own set of rules, please follow them in addition to these rules.

Please, don't share personal information. It's for your own safety. Name, age, and state are fine, but don't give out your address or town name. Anything that someone would put in an address book, keep to yourself. Also, I would advise against posting a picture of yourself.

Keep signiture and avatar size reasonable. You can have big pictures, but use some common sense. Don't upload something so big it takes up a full page.

No usernames changes without a legitimate reason. Constant requests to change your username just because you're bored with it or you like something else more is confusing and pointless. An example of a reasonable rationale would be a typo in your username or you being better known under a different alias.

Don't flag posts without a reason. Flagging a post brings it to the staff's attention. Don't flag something without an actual reason. And remember, posts can be flagged for a good reason, too! If you see some real talent or a good idea, flag it so we can take a look! Also, flag posts and/or threads that break rules or concern you in any way. Wondering how to flag a post? In the upper right-hand corner of the post, you'll see an upside-down triangle button with an exclamation point. That's the flag button. Click on it, and then write the reasoning for flagging and any other comments you'd like to add. Then, click save.

If you spot anyone breaking these rules, flag the post for a mod to review.

Last edited by Dreamer ♥ on Wed 07 Jul 2010, 10:31 am; edited 12 times in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Writing Rules

Post by Dreamer Sun 20 Sep 2009, 4:09 pm

Writing Rules
- If you have explicit material in your story, or fantasy content that some people might object to, put a Maturity/Fantasy rating at the head of your thread. For example: "Maturity: serious romance, blood and gore. Fantasy: witches/wizards and ghosts."
- Romance is of course allowed. If you're going to get serious, please don't get descriptive. If they're sleeping together, just say they're sleeping together. NO NEED to describe it to us. We get the picture.
- Violence is also definitely allowed. Please don't make us puke or have nightmares.
- Please make sure all writing is in the proper catagory.
- Try not to start more than you can handle.
- NO PLAGIARISM WHATSOEVER.

Last edited by Dreamer ♥ on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 2:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Roleplay Rules

Post by Dreamer Sun 20 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

Roleplay Rules
- Romance and violence rules are the same as the Compositions rules.
- Put the Maturity/Fantasy rating at the top of all RPs.
- If it's your Roleplay, make sure to moderate it.
- No godmodding or powerplaying. That is, no controlling other people's characters or making your character all-powerful. (That includes creating a "perfect" character! Everyone has faults, right?) I mean, really, that takes all the fun away form Roleplaying.
- Follow the rules of the roleplay you join. Even though overall, the site rules are that romance and violence are allowed, if the roleplay you joined prohibits it, please respect those rules.
- When you make a roleplay, be sure it's complete. You need to have the maturity/fantasy rating, an explanation of the roleplay/a plot, a character form for roleplayers to fill out in order to make their characters, and the rules for your roleplay.
- You must start a new part at 100 pages. Before this is fine, but once you hit 100 pages, you need to make a new thread and have the old one closed. If you'd like special permission to keep RP's open longer, PM a mod or admin.
- If you notice your RP is getting a wee bit graphic, or is more of a PG13 roleplay, you should PM a mod to check over your roleplay and approve it.
- If you would like to open a private RP (a RP between two people, only), PM a mod to approve it.

Last edited by Dreamer ♥ on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Chat Rules & Club Rules

Post by Dreamer Sun 20 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

Chat Rules
- Keep the cursing to a minimum.
- In order to keep you all safe, I'm going to ask you not to give out too much personal info. I'm not going to stop you, but I don't think it's a good idea.
- Please try not to get into a fight over opinions or otherwise. I've seen it happen before, it's not pretty. (If you want to have a peaceful debate, head over to The Debate Team section!)
- If you just want to chat about any random thing with whoever, check out the Weekly Chat Thread (WCT).

Club Rules
- All clubs must be appropriate.
- At least make an attempt to stay on topic.
- If you really must make a hate club, get it approved by a mod.
- Follow all the TWD rules as well as that club's rules while posting in a club.
- After 100 pages, a club must be closed and a new thread created. Contact a mod.

Last edited by Dreamer ♥ on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Music Rules

Post by Dreamer Fri 25 Sep 2009, 12:58 pm

Music Rules
- Don't post explicit lyrics to songs if you can help it.
- If you are posting a playlist, don't include innapropriate songs, please. No matter how much we all like them, they're not allowed here, sorry.
- Don't go around dissing the bands or music people listen to. It's rude.

Last edited by Dreamer ♥ on Tue 29 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Artwork Rules

Post by Dreamer Fri 25 Sep 2009, 1:07 pm

Rules for the Artwork section
- Everything must be original (your own work)
- If you're posting photographs, I'd advise against having yourself in the picture for safety reasons, but I'm not going to say no if you want to.
- Nothing innapropriate, as always.
- If you're drawing based on another person's work, please say so.

Note: Originally, I made the Photography section so that people who were interested in the actual art of photography could post what they've done. I didn't intend for it to be a place to post pictures of pets or our feild trip, but that's what it's turned into. It's perfectly acceptable for you to share things about your life, but that wouldn't go in the Photography section, it would go in Off-Topic Chat, Whatever, or in your blogs. Smile
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Site Rules Empty Re: Site Rules

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down