Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfinished Story Section

3 posters

Go down

Unfinished Story Section Empty Unfinished Story Section

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:11 pm

Yoflam friends! I got an interesting idea for the site today during 8th period. (Yeah, I don't often pay too much attention. xD)

I know that a lot of us have the thing where we start a story with a good idea, but then aren't able to complete it because you can't get a good ending.

What if we had a section where we move those stories that we just can't finish anymore. That way people can still read them, and comment on how they like them. Maybe even fantasize about what could happen in the end.

I think it's a Win-win scenario too. Other users can still view the stories, and perhaps even give the author enough insight to finish the story, in which case, it can just be moved back to the regular story sections.

What do you guys think?
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Unfinished Story Section Empty Re: Unfinished Story Section

Post by superdork11 Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:14 pm

HI LAUREN! Woah, you have a lot of stars!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:16 pm

i don't know if i shoudl, but i will post it anyway

Prologue

“We did it!” Peter said to Jane who was lying exhausted on the hospital bed. The nurse came in and took her blood pressure, but Jane didn’t notice. She was too happy to care what happened, as long as she had her newly born son.

Every parent thinks their child is special, but to Peter and Jane it was obvious that Lucas John Smith was more than the average kid.

Chapter 1

“Lucas, wake up!” yelled Luke’s 6-year-old sister, Jessica. Luke and his other siblings, 10-year-old Marley and 8-year-old Sam were all grouchy about waking up so early. Luke was 12 and starting 6th grade. Marley starts 4th grade today and Sam starts 3rd grade instead of 2nd because he was really smart. Jessica has her first day of 1st grade today and is so excited. That is why she woke everyone up at 6:00 when school starts at 8:30. Even Jane was slightly annoyed that Jessica woke them up. She’s the kind of person who is kind, forgiving, caring, and always has time to listen to you. So it was very surprising to find her yelling at Jessica.

During the last couple of weeks, she and Peter were becoming very edgy. They got grumpy and sometimes were even mean to the kids, they looked like they never slept at all. The kids didn’t seem to mind or even notice. They just went about their daily business.

So that morning they piled into their van and headed to West Wood County middle school to drop Luke off. He was excited and nervous at being the little ones again. He was really glad to see Tyler and Mark, his 2 best friends. Lucas didn’t go anywhere over the summer. He didn’t get to see any of his friends either because they were all vacationing somewhere cool. They were catching up on news, when the overhead speaker turned on and told all the new 6th graders to go to the auditorium for orientation. They filed in excitedly, and it took them a very long time to quite down.

The assembly was basically orientation and they got their schedules for the trimester. Luke had Mrs. Williamson for first and second period, Language arts and Social Studies, so did Tyler and Mark. For third he got Mr. Opaline but Tyler had Ms. Jensen and Mark ad Mrs. Blake for math. They all had Mr. Opaline for fourth period science! After that they had lunch. Then, they had P.E. They had three teachers: Coach Willson, Amanda Wite, and Amy Aitch. She always got annoyed when people asked her what her last name was. Luke was one of the people to ask, "Hey Amy?"

“Yes?” She responded.
“What is your last name?”
“Aitch,” she said, annoyed.
“No, I mean, what is your full last name?”
“Aitch! I tell everyone but they never listen!”
“How do you spell that?”
“A-I-T-C-H,” she snapped.
Tyler thinks this is why Luke is failing P.E.

After P.E. they go back to Mrs. Williamson for seventh period history. Then they go to recess. Eighth period is a special arts class. Tyler was in Art. Mark was in Music and Luke got Health. Finally, they had foreign languages. The entire sixth grade had to take Latin. There were multiple classes so it wasn't all crowded. Luke, Mark, and Tyler all had Ms. Little for Latin. Luke was glad to find that a girl named Hazel was in all of his classes. He had been starting to notice her more and more…

Chapter 2

Life had been going on normally. Luke played soccer as did Mark. Tyler was more of the musical type. He was really good at trumpet. It was the very end of October and Halloween was Friday. No one could focus; they were all betting how much candy they would get or planning a good route for Friday night. Luke, Tyler and Mark were trick-or-treating in Mark’s neighborhood. They were out for nearly three hours. Afterward, they all had a sleepover at Tyler’s place. They ate so much candy! They were up all night.

On Monday they were talking to some other friends when Luke started to get this feeling in his feet. He went in to the bathroom and took off his shoes and looked at the place where his toes should have been, but they weren’t there! He reached his hand out and touched them. They were still there but he couldn’t see them. Then right before his very eyes both of his feet vanished entirely, but he could see his toes again. He managed to make through the rest of the day without someone seeing his invisibleness. When he got home he saw Marley on the ceiling looking terrified.
“What’s wrong Marley?” Luke asked.
“I-I don’t know,” she whimpered. “I just started to float.”
Luke went into Sam’s room to make sure Sam was okay. He was not in the least bit surprised to find Sam running around the room at super sonic speed.

Now a little freaked out, he backtracked and went to Jessica’s room. She was lifting up her bed with one arm.
“Come to Marley’s room,” he said.
She didn’t reply but put down her bed and went across the hall. As he passed, Luke yelled for Sam to come, so he did. Once in Marley’s room Luke said, “Something weird is going on. I slowly turned invisible today. Marley is flying, Sam has super sonic speed, and Jessica can hold up her bed with one arm.” As soon as he said this, Marley fell from the ceiling. “Owwww!” she moaned.
“What should we do now?” asked Jessica.
“What if I start floating at school? That would be really bad.”
“We could stay home,” suggested Jessica. “We can’t just stay home. Mom and Dad wouldn’t let us,”said Sam. “What if I start turning invisible at school again? It’s not natural to see your best friend floating without his legs. Or anyone for that matter.”
What should we do? We can’t go to school but we can’t stay home either. We can’t tell Mom and Dad because they wouldn’t believe us and they already have something bothering them. That was the first time Luke had noticed that something was not right with the way they were acting.But he pushed that to the back of his mind;he had bigger problems. What to do about this strange thing that was happening to him and his siblings.

Chapter 3

They woke up in the morning completely fine. Nothing abnormal was going on. They were still a little freaked out at what would happen if they suddenly got their powers at school. But nothing happened, Marley didn't fly that day or the next. Sam didn't do the mile run in 1 sec. He managed to pull off a reasonable 6 minutes and 38 seconds. Jessica didn't pick up the lamp post, and when she tried, she looked like she was trying to pick up a car. But most importantly, Luke didn't turn invisible any more.

All seemed to be going well. One day at school Luke was talking to his friends when Hazel came up to him and asked him if he would go yo the dance with her. Luke could feel the color rising in his cheeks. "Umm...I would l-l-love t-to ummmmm go to the ummm dance with you," he managed to say before falling to the ground with a dazed expression on his face. Lots of people were staring, and he suddenly wished he was invisible. Then Tyler screamed as Luke vanished. Everyone ran accept for Hazel who was staring at were he should have been. "Hello, Luke are you there?" she asked, a little timidly. "Of course I am. What, do you think, I turned invisible or something?" he responded. "Actually, Luke, you sort of d-did." Luke stayed quite for a moment. He wanted to tell Hazel so badly that he almost said it. He caught himself just in time. " Is there something going on? how did you tun invisible? How did yo-" she cut herself off with a scream because right before her very eyes, Luke Smith had reappeared.She was staring incredulously at Luke. But she stayed, whether it was because she wanted to know why, or just couldn't move because her legs were frozen with shock, Luke couldn't tell.

"What's going on?" she looked frightened, "Luke, what just happened?" She looked like she was trying to run but her legs wouldn't move. "Ummmm...Hazel, I don't know what's going on. This started in..." And Luke proceeded to tell Hazel everything that had been happening since October. When he was done, Hazel was staring in awe at him. "Your sister can really fly?" she asked incredulously. "Yep." he said. "But you've got to promise not to tell anyone. No one can know." After a long pause, in which they both stared awkwardly at the wall, Luke said, "So, do you still want to go to the dance with me?" Hazel laughed and they walked away holding hands.Later when Tyler asked what happened, Luke simply changed the subject and eventually they forgot.

Hazel hadn't been to Luke's house before. It was a medium sized two story house with smallish rooms. The bedrooms were all on the second floor. Luke's was farthest form the stairs. He had decorated his wall with posters of his favorite band, Queen. Every square inch was devoted to mess. His clothes were all over the floor. In some cases you couldn't even see the floor. The appearance of the room didn't at all match with Luke's clean one. He had dark hair that was short and stuck to his head. He was fairly tall for his age. And he had tanned skin from all the outside time he spent. Hazel was still taking in the messy look of the room, when Marley, Sam, and Jessica came in looking annoyed. Leaving Hazel in his room Luke ushered them out into the hall. "What is she doing here?" Marley hissed. "You know she could find out." Luke still hadn't told them about the little incident at school. "You guys, she already knows." He said in the way that he used when trying to soothe people. It didn't work. "She what?" Marley whispered full of rage. "And I suppose you announced it to the whole school!" She shouted before she was quited by the rest. "This deserves an explanation." Marley said in her way that made you feel small and defenseless. Even though Luke was much bigger than Marley, she could still scare him when she was mad.

"Look, you guys. I didn't want to, but she asked me if I would go to the dance with her. My legs sort of failed and a lot of people were looking. I wished that I were invisible and I just disappeared. Hazel stayed because her legs wouldn't move. Everyone else ran. Then I reappeared and she asked why." Luke told his siblings the conversation that followed. "Alright, you told her. Nothing can change that," said Marley. Sam and Jessica had long since decided to stay out of this. After all as long as Hazel could keep the secret, they had no problem with it. So Marley decided that Hazel was not a threat. They all went back in to Luke's room so they could meet Hazel.

They bore no resemblance to Luke , with his short black hair. Marley's hair was long, blond, and extremely straight like her mother's. She never went outside so she was extremely pale. Sam was short. Everything about him was short. He had short, brown hair. His arms barely reached his waist, he was in the 3rd grade and was 3 5/6. feet tall. Jessica was almost taller than him. She was very exotic. She had red, curly, medium length hair. She was tall for her age. As Hazel said "hi" to them she noticed that Marley was staring at her. She was trying to see what Hazel was like and whether she would tell anyone. Suddenly, Jessica, who looked like she must have been thinking very hard about something, shouted, "Marley! Wish that you could fly." Marley wished looking confused. "Why do y-" Was all she managed to say before she started flying around the room. "Yes! I was right!" shouted Jessica. "It worked!" "How did you know that would happen?" asked Luke. "Well," she said "Luke when you told us that story you said that you wished you were invisible. Right?" Luke nodded tentatively. "So," she continued, "I thought, what if we can control our powers? And then I got the idea that maybe we can. So I asked Marley to wish for her power and she started flying." "That's pretty clever." Luke said. This time instead of falling Marley was able to make a controlled landing. Luke realized that when he wanted to become visible again, he just did. The whole body not just one part at a time. They all tested it out and it worked. "I didn't know that you had the brains to do that, Jessica." Said Luke rather impressed. Jessica sneared at Luke.

Hazel never told anyone that they could fly, turn invisible, run at super sonic speed, or lift more than 5 tons easily with one arm. Marley began to trust her a little, and as time passed, they became really close friends.
It was approaching Christmas. There were only 3 days until school got out for winter break! Each and every kid was excited for the break. Luke's feelings of happiness was slightly marred by the fact that Hazel would be in South America the whole time. He couldn't call her because they didn't have very good connection there so her parents were going to make her leave her phone behind.

Chapter 4

The rest of winter break was abnormally dull. We had family over on Christmas and it was reallly hard not to accidentally start 'oddiding'. Jessica had come up with that name. She was strange like that. But it did mean that we could talk about it in public, even though we sounded like complete lunatics. Luke was excited, Hazel got back today. He could call her soon.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 16 Nov 2009, 7:24 pm

Nope. LOL! Eileen, this is just a suggestion. With all luck, it'll become a section, then you can post that there. Yep, I have a lot. As soon as I hit one thousand posts that first one should turn a pretty color. xD I'm not sure what yet...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Fri 20 Nov 2009, 7:32 am

Aha! xD
Good idea, Lauren! *runs off to add Unfinished Story Section to site*
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin