Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind. Empty SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind.

Post by Dreamer Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:56 pm

Here is my... story. If you could classify it as such. Part of it is me, and part of it is a different person in a different world, speaking through me... I don't even know. There's no place to put this so it goes here.
It's about the real life me, and about my fantasy alter-ego. It's thoughts and feelings and stories and quotes and basically anything and everything. I just stick it on here. It's not exactly a story. It's just something. And here, my friends, is the beginning of this... something.

----

My greatest fear. It is something I do not like to admit. So pompous and improbable it is that I am ashamed. So much would I like to say I fear heights or darkness; those natural human weaknesses that so many others fear. But I have never been one to fade into the backdrop, no matter how hard I try.
What is my fear, you ask?
It is the fear of being beaten.
Not physical abuse, no. It is not a fear of being tortured. It is a fear of not being the best.
It is not the fear of not being the best I can be. It is the fear of not being the best.
Irrational? Yes. Very much so. Where does this fear come from? I, myself, can only guess.
Just when I think I am wonderful, fantastic, not able to be any better, I see someone whose talent far surpasses mine. I sit in horror. How could this be? I was so sure I was the best. How could anyone possibly be better?
It is for this reason that I am unable to be happy for others successes. My soul is filled with envy.
But there is also a light side of this unreasonable fear.
I am never satisfied. If I have a passion, I will pursue it until I am the best. I will never take no for an answer. I will never, ever give up. Once I have my mind set, once the fear of being defeated settles in, there is no stopping me.
There is no stopping me.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind. Empty Re: SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind.

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 17 Feb 2010, 7:02 pm

Wow. O.o Deep, dude...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind. Empty Re: SOMETHING. An odd story/collection of the creations of Nadine's messed up mind.

Post by Dreamer Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:21 pm

Haha, yeah.. Razz
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:10 pm

--Chapter 2--

Once outside the chapel, we found the hallways to be abnormally quiet. Our footsteps echoed on the marble floors as we made our way through the halls.
“What is the first thing you want to do now, as queen?” Caesar asked me, taking my hand.
“Set Bryce free. Then I’m going to change the laws of this kingdom and make everything free and just for all.” I said, smiling brightly.
“Funny, I had something else in mind…” Caesar said quietly. His voice was sinister. At that moment, a few guards stepped around the corner. Caesar nodded to them. They approached me quickly and grabbed my wrists.
“Caesar! What’s going on?” I asked, panicking.
“Sorry, sweetheart. You’ll get to see your precious Bryce, don’t worry. I’ve got a kingdom to dictate…” he nodded to the guards, and they proceeded to drag me down the hallway.
“What?! No!! You can’t do this!” I screamed.
“Actually, yes, I can. I’m king of this country now.”
“You tricked me!” I whispered, horrified.
“Life isn’t a fairytale.” Caesar sneered. “You need to learn to stop dreaming.”
The guards dragged me around the corner and out of sight.

By the time we reached the dungeon, I had stopped resisting the guards. There was no point. Caesar had hoodwinked me. He was the bad guy. And, unlike in fairytales, this time, the bad guy had prevailed.
The guards threw me carelessly into the cell. They slammed the dungeon gate in my face and made quite a show of locking it slowly and loudly with several locks.
“You can’t do this. I’m your queen…” I sobbed.
“Actually we can do this, and we just have.” one guard sneered. They laughed wickedly all the way down the hallway and out of earshot.
I looked down at myself, still crying. My beautiful wedding gown was torn and covered in dirt. One of my earrings was missing. My glass slippers were cracked. I slid the shoes off my feet and stared sadly at the blood trickling from my toe and heel.
My fairy-tale moment was over.

---
No clue where that came from. But she has a British accent! Smug
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 17 Feb 2010, 11:36 pm

Dun dun dun DUUUUNNNN! xD Nice. "She has a British accent." Good to know Nadine...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:34 am

Well, her begging and pleading sounds much cooler if you say it with a British accent! Read this "What?! No!! You can't do this!" without a British accent, and then read it with a British accent. Trust me, it sounds MUCH cooler. xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Thu 18 Feb 2010, 6:38 pm

I know! Haha, like yesterday, I tripped and fell or something like that, and Laurence is like, "Why did you do that?" So I'm all in a British accent, "I didn't do it on purpose!" Then he's grinning and like, "Purpose. *snicker*" Lolz... So weird! Sorry. Random. xD
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Thu 18 Feb 2010, 9:27 pm

xD That's funny. It must be so awesome that Laurence has a British accent! LIKE THAT IS SO COOL. Silly I just can't get over that, sorry. xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Thu 18 Feb 2010, 11:22 pm

I know! Silly And it's not all the time either, because it's fading, but it soo cool, because it's like, British-American accent. Smug Oh, random, was it you who gave me rep? I've been trying to find out who it was...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Fri 19 Feb 2010, 9:23 am

That is sooo epic. Smug

I don't remember. Might've been. xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Fri 19 Feb 2010, 6:30 pm

Indeed.

xDD
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Fri 19 Feb 2010, 7:03 pm

xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Fri 19 Feb 2010, 7:10 pm

--Chapter 3--

All at once, my mood changed. My eyes narrowed; my smile faded to a frown.
What was he doing with her? Why was he talking to her? What were they laughing about?
Every time I saw him, she was there. I was sure they were just friends, but it just made me so mad.
I knew I shouldn’t be mad that he was good friends with her. After all, I had dumped him. But I couldn’t help being jealous of her. Even though I had someone else, someone amazing and wonderful who I loved. And speaking of someone amazing and wonderful who I loved…
“What’s up? You’ve been really quiet and angry-looking today…” he said, concern in his voice as he hugged me from behind.
“Oh, nothing… I’m just in a bad mood… tired.” I mumbled my feeble lie.
Why, if I had someone as incredible as the boy whose arms were wrapped around my waist right now, did I want him back?

- - -

Truth be told, the "him" is Brandon. Razz I still don't know how I feel about him. I really miss him at least as a friend though.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 20 Feb 2010, 12:05 am

Mmm... That's kind of sad, but still, very nice.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sat 20 Feb 2010, 11:09 am

Razz Basically at this point I definitely don't want to break up with Ricky but I'm still not sure how I feel about Brandon. Which REALLYYY frustrates me.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 20 Feb 2010, 11:35 am

I can imagine. I think it's one of those things where it's like, "I don't like him like I did then, but I still can't bear to see him with another person."
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 20 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

I don't know how the first part feels, but I do know the feeling of the second part. GAh1
Good writing though Nadine!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sun 21 Feb 2010, 8:41 am

Yeah, Lauren. Razz

Thanks, Eileen. Smile
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 21 Feb 2010, 9:47 am

BOB!

Thanks accepted.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sun 21 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

--Chapter 4--

Before I could stop myself, I was falling. Gravity or maybe an otherworldly force was dragging me down. Helpless, I saw the water inches below me. Within a fraction of a second came the impact. I was several feet, or maybe even several miles underwater. I tried to fly out, but my wings were sodden. The muscles in my legs refused to kick and my arms floated limp at my sides. I was sinking farther and farther from the surface. Not thinking, I gasped. Water filled my mouth and lungs. I knew now it was too late. I was drowning.
My vision became blurred, my outstretched arm drifted slowly back to my side. I could not move. I could not think. My eyes closed as my body shut down, and the world faded to black.
But the energy never dies.

An eruption of noise met my ears. Unfamiliar voices were clamoring on all sides of me. I started coughing and spluttering. Seawater poured from my mouth. I could breathe again.
My senses gathered that I was lying on some kind of smooth stone floor, in a puddle of water. I was still soaking wet. I might have just been rescued from my watery grave.
I slowly opened my eyes. My vision took a minute to adjust, but from what I could immediately see, a large group of people were gathered around me. As my vision cleared, I registered someone kneeling next to me. As my brown eyes found his green ones, I gasped; could it possibly be?
It was.
The mysterious boy who I had assumed to be a figment of my imagination, who kept popping up in my dreams, was standing above me. I knew it was him not only because of his brilliant green eyes and brown hair that fell in front of his face, but because of the strange markings on his cheeks. The markings were a light green, shaped like slightly distorted triangles. The base of the triangle began under his jaw on the side of his face, and curved upwards to come to a point at his cheekbones. He had two of these on either side of his face.
“Who are you?” I murmured to him.
He gave me a long, sad, searching look, and then he and the rest of the people faded away into nothingness. I was left lying alone on the smooth black granite floors of the cathedral-like room. Left to wonder and to despair.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 21 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

Ooh! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Omg! That is so good! You're really good at writing this sort of thing, Nadine! It's awesome!!!!!!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sun 21 Feb 2010, 12:21 pm

Wow. Enough said. O.o
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 21 Feb 2010, 1:39 pm

YEah. BOBBITHA! Sorry...
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sun 21 Feb 2010, 2:30 pm

Hahah I'm glad you guys like it!
I don't know where that last chapter came from. It was just... I don't even know.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sun 21 Feb 2010, 2:32 pm

It was rather interesting...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next