Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Skier's Lie: A short story

3 posters

Go down

A Skier's Lie: A short story Empty A Skier's Lie: A short story

Post by Hyper Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:21 am

I wrote this for a contest, and I thought I'd post it here :]

There I stood at the top of a mountain. It must be below zero, and it’s snowing. I can barely see through my goggles. If you’re wondering, I’m on skis. Yes, me, Lisa Louis, thirteen years old, wavy black hair, icy blue eyes, is about to ski down a mountain. I bet you’re wondering how this happened. To put it simply, my best friend, Lucy, and her parents invited me on a skiing trip in Colorado for February vacation. We live in Sacramento, California, and I’d never even seen snow before. At first I didn’t want to go, but when the time came to tell Lucy my answer, the word yes just popped out of my mouth. Lucy looked to happy, I was actually okay for a second, until I realized what I’d done. That was on Friday, we left on Sunday night. The flight went okay, although I was nervous because I’d never flown before. I actually slept for most of it. We got our luggage, and got onto the shuttle bus to our hotel. I was not told, but I soon found out our hotel was actually a ski resort. I should have guessed. After a nice breakfast, Lucy and I explored the resort. We found a gym, a spa, a library, and an indoor pool. When Lucy’s mom found us and told us we were going to hit the slopes after lunch, my nerves came back to me. Then, my worst nightmare came. She asked me if I knew how to ski. I didn’t want to say no, because I’d look like a fool! I had to make something up. “Oh, yeah, I learned when I was little. I’ve actually been told by some teachers that I could go pro.” What did I just say? “Excellent! I can’t wait to see you in action,” she said. What had I done?
They were watching me. I had told them I was professional level. “Come on, Lisa!” Lucy shouted. I had to do something. Could I fake an accident? Yes! I thought of a plan. “Here I go!” I shouted back. I started going down the hill, but I pretended there was a rock that I didn’t see, and fell, tumbled, and rolled. Ouch! All of a sudden, there was a sharp pain in my left leg. “Lisa!” They were screaming. My leg hurt so much. What had I done? This wasn’t how my plan was supposed to go. I couldn’t stop myself; I rolled all the way to the bottom. When I finally stopped, I couldn’t get up. I just lay there and cry. When Lucy and her parents got there, Lucy’s dad took charge. He picked me up in his arms and carried me inside. It turns out there’s a resort nurse. Lucy’s dad dropped me in her office. She took a look at my leg, and declared it broken. She said it was nothing serious. But there was no more skiing for me. That was the only good thing. Lucy couldn’t stop apologizing, and her mother just kept giving me a sympathetic look. The nurse put a cast on my leg and gave me a pair of crutches. “You keep that leg elevated, now,” she told me. “Yes, ma’am,” I replied. We took the elevator up to our room. Lucy helped me into a chair. “Mom, dad, you two go skiing, and I’ll stay here with Lisa,” Lucy told her parents. “No!” I objected, “I can stay here by myself. I don’t want you to miss out, Lucy,” I told her. I couldn’t let my dumb actions affect other people. “Just for today, Lisa,” she said. “Alright, but we won’t be very long,” Lucy’s mother said. “Okay, mom.”
After sitting in front of the television for a few hours, Lucy suggested we talk. “Not like I have anything better to do,” I told her. “Okay. I have a question for you. What caused your fall today?” She asked it so innocently; I didn’t think she was suspicious of anything. I didn’t want to lie, but what else could I do? “Not sure. I think it was a rock, or-or a lie.” I said the last part in a whisper. “A lie? Wait, I’m confused,” she said. “This was all a lie. I’ve never skied before in my life. I didn’t want to look like a fool. But I guess that ship has sailed.” “Why would you do this?” she looked so hurt. “I don’t know. It was so stuiped. I’m so sorry, Lucy.” “Well, if you weren’t my best friend, I might not forgive you, but you’re lucky.” “Thanks,” I gave her a smile. She gave me one back.
So in the end, everything turned out all right. Lucy and I are still best friends, and she didn’t tell her parents about my stunt. I spent the rest of my vacation in the room, but it was still pretty fun. In the long run, I was actually glad that I went.

[Please note that I had it all paragraphed out, but my computer always undoes it, so pay no attention to that >.<]
Hyper
Hyper

Back to top Go down

A Skier's Lie: A short story Empty Re: A Skier's Lie: A short story

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 24 Feb 2010, 6:44 pm

Ooh, very nice! I like it. Smile
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

A Skier's Lie: A short story Empty Re: A Skier's Lie: A short story