Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) )

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) ) Empty Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) )

Post by superdork11 Fri 28 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Okay, guys. This is my first ever screenplay! I know I posted it all so far, but, well, I just did.... So, tell me what you think so far!

[The scene opens, a girl (Eileen) is standing with her friends. Her back is to the wall. They're in a cafeteria, which appears to be a dance floor.]
Eileen: You know, they really should play more slow songs.
[Lauren, a girl in the group next to Eileen, nods her head in agreement.]
Lauren: I know, we've only had two, and the dance is almost half way done.
[Jenna, who is standing next to Lauren nods. Abi, oblivious to this whole scene just stands there bouncing. Megan is standing with her weight on her left leg, staring into the crowd.]
The DJ speaks: This one's girls choice.
[Lauren, Eileen, and Jenna freeze.]
Lauren, Jenna, Eileen: Awmguh!
[Everyone cracks up.]
Eileen, Lauren: It's Never Say Never!
Jenna: I know!
Abi: Yea! [Abi says sarcastically] Let's go!
[Abi dashes off and away from the dance floor and into the commons.]
Eileen (To Lauren): You'd better ask Laurence to dance!
Lauren: Of course!
[A quick look of annoyance passes over Jenna's face. Everyone misses this accept Kate, who has remained silent.]
Lauren: But you have to ask someone too!
[Eileen nods and they leave and start gazing around the crowd for a certain guy to ask. The camera cuts back to Kate and Jenna.]
Kate: Jenna, what's wrong?
Jenna (in a tight, strained voice): Nothing, why would anything be wrong?
[Kate rolls her eyes]
Kate: I saw your face.
Jenna: I'm just so confused! I don't know what I'm feeling. I think I like someone, but they don't and well...
[Jenna trails off. Kate hugs her and whispers something in her ear that we can't hear. Jenna sighs, hugs Kate in thanks and goes to find someone. Kate is left to sit down in a chair. Camera cuts to Lauren who is approaching a boy.]
Lauren: Hey, Laurence, wanna dance?
Laurence: Sure.
[They move to the middle of the floor where countless other middle-schoolers are dancing. Laurence puts his hands on her hips and she puts her hands on his shoulders. They start rocking back and forth to the beat. Lauren is grinning widely looking at Eileen. Camera cuts to Eileen.]
[Eileen approaches a boy. She's about ten feet away when she trips and falls. She stands up, embarrassed. We see the boy rolling his eyes.]
Eileen: Hey, Dominic, do you want to dance?
[There is a hopeful tone in her voice.]
Dominic: Uh, no thanks.
[Dominic's friends snicker. Eileen's face falls, but she covers it up.]
Eileen: Alright then.
[Eileen walks away, trying to stay nonchalant. She is planning on going to join Abi. Before she can get to the back of the cafeteria, a boy walks up to her tentatively.]
Skyler: Hey, Eileen...
Eileen: Oh, hi Skyler.
Skyler: Um. Do you, you know, want to, dance?
[Eileen is a little bit taken aback.]
Eileen: Sure.
[Skyler smiles and they walk back to the dance floor.]
Eileen (a little quietly): Younger now than we were before. Don't let me go! Don't let me go! Don't let me go-o-o-o.
[As she's singing this, Skyler tentatively places his hands on her hips. Eileen realizes this and places her hands on his shoulders. They start rocking back and forth, Eileen is singing under her breath.]
[Back to Lauren and Laurence. They see Skyler and Eileen talking, but can't hear them.]
Lauren: Picture you're the queen of everything.
Laurence: Wait, I'm a boy!
[Lauren rolls her eyes]
Lauren: It's the lyrics!
Laurence: Oh.
[They smile.]
[Wide view, encompassing Lauren and Eileen. The song ends, we see Lauren hug Laurence. Eileen and Skyler awkwardly let go of each other and head in opposite directions. Eileen comes bouncing over to where Lauren, Jenna and Kate are standing.]
Lauren, Jenna: Hello. Jinks! One two three four five six
Lauren: Stop!
Jenna: Fine!
[Everyone starts laughing. Abi comes back. They all start bouncing to the music.]
[End scene.]

[Everyone is in the commons. Eileen and Lauren are standing together, ready to go back to Lauren's house. Lauren sees her mom and waves. They walk over.]
Lauren: Hi mom!
Eileen: Hi Teresa!
Teresa: Hey girls, have fun?
[Lauren and Eileen nod in simultaneousness. Eileen looks over and sees Skyler waiting for the bus. She starts thinking about slow dancing with him. We can tell because Lauren whispers in her ear.]
Lauren (to Eileen): What'r you thinking? About Skyler?
[Her pitch rises slightly and suggestively as she's saying Skyler. Eileen casts an irritated glare at Lauren.]
[They leave the building and get in Teresa's car.]
[Cuts to when they're arriving at Lauren's house]
[They get out of the car. Teresa opens the door and they race to Lauren's room. They enter her room, Eileen, out of habit, puts her hands in her pockets. She freezes and draws out a slip of paper.]
Lauren (Interested): What is that?
Eileen: I don't know.
Lauren: How can you not know if it was in your pocket?
Eileen: I didn't have anything in my pockets.
Lauren: Well, then, see what's written on it!
[Eileen unfolds the piece of paper and stares at it in shock. Lauren comes around to look at it.]
Lauren: Whose is it?
Eileen: Their's only one person it could have been, but, why?
[Lauren and Eileen stare at each other for a minute, then Teresa comes in with an air mattress, breaking the silence.]
[Eileen puts the piece of paper by her bag and goes to change into her pajamas.]
[We get a glimpse of the paper, it reads:
barkoff.off@gmail.com
Eileen comes back out of the bathroom]
Teresa: Well, there you go!
[She steps away from the air mattress and leaves the room. Eileen and Lauren go to their respective beds. (Eileen to the air mattress, Lauren to the bed)]
Lauren: So, you reckon it's Skyler's?
Eileen: Has to be. He's the only one who came into contact with my pockets whose email I don't know.
[At the part about coming into contact with Eileen's pockets, Lauren looses it. She starts laughing overly hard. Eileen, realizing how that sounded, starts laughing, then tries to rectify her mistake.]
Eileen: I mean, he's the only one I slow danced with, he could have slid it into my pocket.
[Lauren starts crying with laughter when Eileen says he could have slid it. Eileen gives up.]
Eileen: You know what I mean! Ugh, you have a sick mind!
[Lauren stops laughing, but is still chuckling.]
Lauren: Thank you.
[Lauren attempts to bow while sitting down and falls off the bed. Eileen laughs at Lauren as she stands up and gets back on the bed.]
Lauren: So, you gonna email him?
Eileen: Yeah.
Lauren: You want to, don't you?
[Eileen blushes.]
Eileen: Maybe.
[Lauren gives a hollow laugh.]
Lauren: Well, then, you better email him. He's probably waiting at his computer, for his love to email him.
[Eileen glares at Lauren, who just smiles evilly.]
Eileen: You know he wouldn't. I'm not gonna email him tonight. I will in the morning.
Lauren: Alright, whatever.
[End scene.]

[Lauren is asleep. Eileen is lying on the air mattress, waiting, to make sure that she really is. She stands up and we get a glimpse of the clock. 11.]
[Eileen slowly creeps away towards the computer. She quietly opens up her gmail. She has no emails, so she decides to send one to barkoff.off. She doesn't know for sure that this is Skyler, but she sort of wants it to be.]
[Her message reads:
Hello. Bob says hi. Say hi back, or you will die of tickling in the night!
She clicks send and waits.]
[We cut to Skyler's house, where he is sitting at his computer. He straightens when he sees an email from Eileen. He opens it. He starts laughing.]
[He shakes his head and clicks the respond button. We see him typing.]
[Back to Eileen.]
[She sees a reply:
Okay! Okay! Hello bob! Please don't tickle me in the night!
Eileen laughs at a possible second meaning. She hits respond:
Bob wont tickle you! It's all good. Good thing too, Bob is currently in Australia, and do you know how expensive those flights are?
Eileen's actually enjoying this. She sees a response from Skyler:
Good, good. Um, no, I don't know how expensive they are. And, why Australia of all places?!
Eileen laughs. Instead of responding, she invites him to be on her chat list.]
[Back to Skyler]
[He's smiling and shaking his head]
Skyler: Only Eileen.
[He sees a box pop up on his screen that says,
Eileen has invited you to chat.
And then to buttons, a YES button, and a NO button.
He clicks the YES.]
[Back to Eileen.]
[She opens a chat window with him. Now, deciding to respond to his email:
I don't know! He likes kangaroos!
She's laughing and smiling and enjoying this.
Skyler doesn't respond to the email, but starts chatting:
Skyler: Yo
Eileen: Flam.
Skyler: Flam?
Eileen: You said yo, so naturally I had to follow with flam. They just go together.
Skyler: Yoflam?!?!
Eileen: Exacatacaly!
Skyler: Alright, whatever floats your boat.
Eileen: No, it's whatever keeps the bouyance in your flotation apparatus.
Skyler: Um... no response.
Eileen: By saying no response, you are responding! Ha! I win!
Skyler: *rolls eyes*
Eileen laughs.
Eileen: Well, I have to go, otherwise, Lauren will get suspicious.
Skyler: No, don't go
Eileen: into the french speaking light!
Skyler: Not even gonna ask.
Eileen: Wise choice, young grasshopper, wise choice. Well, bye!
Skyler: Bye!
Eileen closes the window and quits out of her gmail. She slowly makes her way back to her bed and slips under the covers, it is only minutes before she's asleep.]
[Cuts to Skyler]
[Skyler sighs. He begrudgingly quits out of safari and goes to bed. He starts muttering to himself.]
Skyler: That's all you should hope for. Face it, she probably doesn't like you. But hey, she danced with you. She emailed you, she chatted with you. You're lucky. Stop fretting about it.
[He climbs over a person asleep on the floor and into bed and slips off to sleep.]
[End scene.]

[We see Eileen, vision fades into a white room with nothing in it. Eileen pops in, looking flustered.]
Eileen: Hello? Hello?
[She gets silence. All of a sudden, the boy who refused to dance with her appears, Dominic. Eileen gets a little weak at the knees. She is staring at him longingly.]
Eileen: Hi.
Dominic: Hi.
[Eileen starts to move toward him. She slowly moves forward, and when she gets close enough, she hugs him. He hugs her back and they stand there happy for a minute. Eileen pulls back to look at his face, she is about to lean in and kiss him, when she hears a voice.]
Skyler: Oi!
[Eileen and Dominic jump. They turn to see Skyler standing there.]
Eileen: What are you doing here? This is my dream.
Skyler: Exactly.
[Eileen looks confused. Skyler and Dominic stare at each other, then, with out warning, they begin to fight. Eileen cries out for them to stop. But, eventually, they break apart, and Dominic disappears. Eileen and Skyler look at each other. And suddenly, he grabs her and is kissing her. She stands there shocked, then realizes what is happening, pulls back. But, she does so somewhat reluctantly. She stares at Skyler for a minute, confusion on her face. We fade back to the real Eileen, lying on the air mattress in the dark. She jerks awake.]
Eileen: What was that?
[Eileen whispers to herself. She looks at the clock, 6. Lauren probably wouldn't wake up until 8. Eileen lies down, gets comfortable, and attempts to sort out her thoughts.]
[Close up of her face.]
Eileen: What did that mean?
Voice in head: You know, deep down inside.
Eileen: Oh, just help me!
Voice in head: This is for you to figure out.
Eileen: You are me!
VIH: Alright, you have a point.
Eileen: Thank you! So what do I do?
VIH: You've gotta figure it out.
Eileen: You're in my brain, tell me the answer.
VIH: No, you have to figure it out.
Eileen: Ugh!
VIH: Are you saying that because you already figured it out?
Eileen: You are so unhelpful.
VIH: Just think about the words that were said.
Eileen: What's that supposed to mean?
VIH: Just think, "What are you doing here? This is my dream" "Exactly".
Eileen doesn't respond because she finally figured it out. All that's left is to wait for Lauren. She props herself up on one elbow, staring at Lauren.]
[End scene.]

[Lauren woke up and stayed lying face down on her bed. She felt a prickling sensation on her back. She whips her head around, only to see Eileen sitting cross legged on the air mattress, staring at her. She jumps and flops over at the same time, on accident.]
Eileen: Smooth.
[Eileen's chuckling.]
Lauren: Good morning to you too.
Eileen: Yes, it is actually.
Lauren: So, are you gonna email Skyler?
[Eileen's face tightens as she realizes that she has to tell Lauren everything.]
Eileen: I, um, already did.
Lauren: What? When? Has her responded?
Eileen: Whoa, Lauren. Hold your buttocks! I'll explain.
Lauren: Hold your buttocks? What the heck?!
[Lauren stares at Eileen, a look of incredulity on her face.]
Lauren: Okay, okay, I'll hold my buttocks.
[Lauren holds her buttocks.]
Eileen: Okay. I didn't mean literally.
[Eileen rolls her eyes.]
Lauren: Well, explain.
[Eileen sighs.]
Eileen: Okay, so, last night, I waited till you were asleep, and I went to my gmail.
Lauren: Oh, so you did want to!
[Eileen rolls here eyes.]
Eileen: Anyway. I emailed him something about Bob saying hi. He was online, responded, and we started chatting. He learned what yoflam meant.
Lauren: Okay, and? What'd he say?
Eileen: Calm down! Nothing, he just talked with me and then we both signed off and went to bed.
[A devious smile comes on Lauren's face. Eileen sighs exhasperatedly.]
Eileen: Can you stop your pervertedness until I'm done?
Lauren: Fine!
Eileen: Thank you. So, then, when I went to sleep, and I had a dream. First I was there, and then Dominic, and then Skyler, and they fought, and Dominic disappeared, and then Skyler kissed me and I woke up.
[Lauren stares at Eileen, slightly teasing, slightly trying to comprehend.]
[They sit in silence for a minute.]
Lauren: So, what are you going to do?
Eileen: What do you mean?
Lauren: Well, it's obvious that he likes you, so, you gonna ask him out?
Eileen: Honestly, Lauren. You take things to fast. Last night, he asked me to dance, gave me his email, talked with me on gmail, and you want me to ask him out? And I don't even like him. [Eileen says this, even though she knows it isn't true.]
[Lauren sits there for a minute.]
Lauren: Oh.
Eileen: So, how was dancing with Laurence?
[Lauren suddenly perks up, the two girls start talking and giggling, they don't mention Skyler for the rest of the morning.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens up at Skyler's house, where he's lying in his bed, Will is next to him on the floor.]
Skyler (in an over exageratedly awake voice): Good morning.
Will: Good morning to you, too.
[Skyler reaches over and turns on the radio. The song that comes on is You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. Skyler rolls his eyes at the irony.]
Skyler: How did you sleep?
Will: Um... good. (Will is getting suspicious at Skyler's behaviour)
Skyler: Good.
Will: And, how did you sleep?
Skyler: Great.
Will: Mhm.
Skyler: What?
Will: What happened?
[Will is probing, trying to find out.]
Skyler: Why would you say that something happened?
[Skyler gets out of the bed and crosses the room to the bathroom, we see a look of annoyance and confusion on his face.]
Will: Uh huh. Just tell me.
Skyler: Whatever, it doesn't make a difference, forget it.
[Skyler enters his bathroom and looks in the mirror.]
Skyler (To himself): Come on, Skyler. Forget it, sure, she emailed you, that's probably just because you slipped your email in her pocket. Why'd you do that? It was stupid, she probably thinks you're desperate. Snap out of it.
[Skyler slaps himself in the face, winces and leaves the bathroom.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens Monday morning. Skyler's at his computer, checking his email.]
Skyler's mom: Skyler! You're gonna miss the bus!
Skyler: I'm coming!
[Skyler sees an email from Eileen. He opens it hits respond and types a hasty message:
Ah! You said the magic words! Now, we're all going to be attacked by wooden turtles!
He signs off.]
[We cut to Eileen who is also checking her email in the morning before school.]
[She sees the email from Skyler. She opens it, reads it and starts to laugh. She responds:
Finally! You're the first person to get that! *Rings hand while spoons fall from the ceiling*
She logs out and goes downstairs.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen is pulling up to the school at the same time as Skyler's bus.]
[Eileen gets out of the car, sees Skyler, and turns away, a little awkwardly. You can tell she feels bad about it, so she turns around and heads into the school.]
[Skyler blushes when Eileen turns away, and tries to walk into the building pretending he doesn't care.]
[They go to there respective lockers. Eileen glances at Skyler. He isn't looking, she looks away.]
[Skyler looks at Eileen, she isn't looking, he looks away.]
[Eileen joins Lauren and goes to go outside. She sits on the swing, with Lauren and Josh next to her. She keeps glancing at Skyler, he keeps glancing at her, they never see each other looking. The bell rings and they go inside to advisory.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens in Web Page Design class. Skyler is sitting with three of his friends, a girl is behind everyone, Josh is right next to Eileen. Eileen and Josh are slightly in front of Skyler and his friends. The teacher, Ms. Young, is at her desk, drinking a soda.]
Ms. Young: Alright, send me today's assignment.
Ross: But, what if you aren't done?
Ms. Young: Send me what you have.
[Skyler opens his email and sees Eileen has responded. He is too embarrassed to open it in front of all his friends, who don't know that he likes Eileen. He quickly composes mail, and sends the assignment to Ms. Young, logging out as soon as it's sent. He talks with his friends awkwardly until the bell rings, nervous that they read who it was from.]
[Skyler grabs his stuff and runs to his locker, he needs to get on the bus.]
[Cut to Skyler on the bus. It's still at the curb. We see Eileen go skipping by, not even glancing at the bus Skyler's on. Skyler's gaze follows her as she heads down the sidewalk. He sees her wave to someone on another bus. He's jealous that he didn't get that wave. He looks annoyed back at the front of the bus and doesn't break his stare from the seat in front of him until the driver pulls up at his stop. He gets up and off the bus and slowly goes through his house to his bedroom. He sinks down on his bed and lies on his back.]
[End scene.]

[Two weeks later.]
[Scene opens, Eileen and her friends are out at lunch recess. Skyler is sitting on a hill, where he usually sits. His friends are around him. Eileen and her friends are attempting to play soccer. Skyler watches as the ball comes towards Eileen, she raises her leg to kick it. She misses and falls over. Skyler grins.]
Skyler (under his breath): Typical Eileen...
[He continues to try to watch Eileen, but Kelsey arrives. She sits down beside Skyler. He uncrosses his legs, and she leans on him, resting her head on his shoulder.]
Kelsey: So, how's it going?
Skyler: Good.
Kelsey: Good.
[She leans in and kisses him on the lips. Skyler smiles and puts his hand on the back of her head. Eileen looks over and sees this. She feels a gut wrenching wave of jealousy. She mentally slapped herself. She wasn't supposed to care. She turned her attention back to the soccer game that she was already failing at. Skyler pulled back, and turned back to Eileen in time to see her not even glance over and not care.]
[He sighs. Kelsey, thinking it was because she stopped kissing him, leans in again. This time, Skyler, who can't stand it, pulls back, and stands up.]
Kelsey: Where'r you going?
Skyler: Uh. Bathroom.
[Kelsey nods and turns to her friends, joining in the conversation. Skyler walks down the hill, and into the school building to go to the bathroom and sort out his thoughts. As he enters the building, Eileen turns to look at him. She bites her lip and turns away. Skyler looks back right as the door closes, to see Eileen peg Braden in the balls with a soccer ball. Skyler smiles.]
Skyler: Good job.
[He says this under his breath in hopes she will hear, but, as he knows, she wont.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens in Web Page Design class. Skyler and his friends are sitting in front of Eileen and Josh this time.]
Evan: How do you do the aherf again?
[Skyler and Ryan laugh.]
Ross: Guys, stop, it isn't funny.
[They continue to laugh. Eileen tries not to stare, and attempts to focus on the day's project.]
Ms. Young: Time to put your computers away. Eileen, when all the computers are back, you and Skyler return them.
[Eileen and Skyler both nod, attempting not to look at each other. All the computers get put away and Eileen and Skyler stand up to bring them to Mr. Hinton's room. Eileen pulls, facing backward, and Skyler's pushing. They go out into the hall, and are alone. They look at each other and make eye contact. They reach the door to Mr. Hinton's room, and Eileen looked away to maneuver her way through the door. Her face is sad. The bell rings before they can get back to the classroom. They go to their lockers and don't look at each other again.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. We see Eileen lying on her bed. It's late at night. We zoom in on Eileen's face. Scene fades into a car driving alone on a highway at night. It's raining. No lights, only the moon. We don't know who's driving, we see Eileen staring out the window, crying silently. A tear falls off her nose, but doesn't hit her, it hits a hand. Eileen turns, startled. It's Skyler, he's sitting next to her. She goes to hug him, a look of relief on her face, but he flickers and vanishes. Eileen hugs the air, the driver stops, and Eileen gets out of the car. She's wearing a black dress. It's sleeves are ripped, the bottom is jagged and ripped. Her blond hair, brown because it's wet, is blowing in the wind. She screams out.]
Eileen: SKYLER!!!!
[No response. The car is gone. She slowly turns in a circle, looking for Skyler. She sees him, untouched by wind or rain, standing 100 ft. or so away. She starts running. Her bare feet make no noise on the black abyss of the stormy night. She gets to Skyler, and pauses. She doesn't want him to disappear again. She slowly reaches out and touches his arm. When he doesn't disappear, she hugs him, resting her head on his shoulder. He strokes her hair.]
Eileen: I love you.
Skyler: Me too.
[Eileen pulls back, astonished that he had said that. She pulls back and stares into his eyes. A look comes onto her face, she looks like she's about to start crying again. Skyler brings his hand up, holding hers to the groove in her chest. He grabs the heart stone she's wearing around her neck. He kisses it, and then, he's gone.]
[Eileen wakes up. She is shocked to find that she is crying. She sits up and grabs her knees, hugging them to her chest.]
Eileen: All this time.
[She knows it was a dream, but she wants him to feel the same about her. She wipes a tear from her cheek.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens, Eileen is sitting on her bed. She reaches under her pillow and pulls out an Altoid box. She opens it and pulls out something wrapped in a golden string. She unwraps it. It is the heart shaped rock we saw in her dream. She clutches it to her heart. She then rests it on the bed and stands up. We zoom in on it. It is a heart stone, with elaborate carvings on it. In the very middle, we see a carving of to figures embracing. A hand comes down and picks it up, we follow it up and see Eileen holding it. She puts it on, tying the string on the back of her neck. She brings it up to eye level.]
[She whispers something under her breath. She kisses the heart in the way Skyler did in her dream. She lets it slip under her shirt.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Skyler is sitting on the bus. He is sad. He is staring out the window. It's raining. The bus pulls up to school and he slowly gets off. He heads inside, looking for Eileen. He sees her outside with Josh and a boy he doesn't know by name, but has seen with her before. The boy he doesn't know, says something and Eileen starts laughing. She almost falls out of her swing, re-orientates herself and starts singing something. Josh and the boy he doesn't know join in. Then, Lauren and two more boys come outside. Eileen hops off her swing and goes over to Lauren and hug her. Skyler's face tightens. He wishes that she was hugging him. Eileen and Lauren proceed to hug each boy outside, yelling something each time. Lauren and Eileen high five. Skyler bites his lip and walks up the stairs. He puts his stuff in his locker and goes to find his friends.]
[Flip to Eileen.]
[Eileen is sitting on the swing. Drew and Josh are out there. Drew is sitting on the far swing.]
Drew: Sir, I must ask you to exit the doughnut.
[Drew says, quoting Iron Man 2. Eileen starts laughing ridiculously hard and almost falls off her swing. She gets back on and starts singing.]
Eileen: I'm sWinging in the rain!
[Josh and Drew join.]
Eileen, Drew, Josh: Just sWinging in the rain! What a glorious feeling I'm happy again!
[Drew and Josh drop out.]
Eileen: The clouds are in the sky, so dark up above! The sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love!
[Eileen jumps off the swing at the line about being ready for love and runs over to Lauren, who just came out. She hugs Lauren.]
Eileen: Free hug!
[Lauren and Eileen look at each other, and hug Drew who is on the swing still. They then hug Josh, Patrick, and Tyler. Patrick and Tyler came out when Lauren did. They yell "Free hug!" every time they hug somebody. They then high five.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen is, yet again, playing soccer with her friends. Skyler is playing basketball. Eileen and her friends are standing close to the basketball court, and are not really paying attention to the game. During this scene, if the ball comes towards them, one of them kicks it yelling "Mine!".]
Lauren: Come on! It's Monday for banana's sake! Just go hug him!
Eileen: No!
[Eileen glances over at Skyler.]
Lauren: Come on! I dare you!
[Eileen glares at Lauren.]
Eileen: Fine!
[Eileen heads over to the basketball court awkwardly. She hangs around the edges for a while, trying to get up the nerve to hug Skyler. She goes on the court, waiting for him to turn at the opportune moment, basically when he doesn't have the ball. He finally does, the action is on the other side of the court. Eileen walks up to him and hugs him. He is shocked and doesn't hug back. She pulls back after about five seconds, disappointed, but not showing it. Skyler stares at her questioningly, also with a hint of hopefulness.]
Skyler: Um...
Eileen: It's Free Hug Monday.
Skyler: Oh...
[Eileen awkwardly walks away.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen doesn't see Skyler anywhere. She has decided to stop avoiding him. She opens her locker, puts her stuff away and heads downstairs. She's halfway down the stairs when she trips. She wasn't paying much attention and so didn't see Skyler coming up the stairs. Naturally, she trips and falls into Skyler. She stands up, embarrassed. She helps him up.]
Eileen: I'm so so so sorry!
Skyler (With a sigh): It's fine.
[Eileen and Skyler continue on in opposite directions.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen is on her email, chatting with Lauren. She sees Skyler come on line and spazzes out. She jumps and nearly falls out of her chair. She clicks chat with him.
Eileen: Hi.
Skyler: Hello.
Eileen: Yoflam.
Skyler: Still not exactly sure what that word means...
Eileen: You wouldn't get it...
[Switch to Skyler. Skyler sighs.]
Skyler: I have one question....
Eileen: What is it?
Skyler: Um... *blush* It's kinda awkward.
Eileen: It's fine, just ask it.
Skyler: Fine... Why are you sort of avoiding me...?
Eileen stares at the computer, blushing. She starts typing really fast. We go to Skyler who sees the phrase "Eileen is typing" at the bottom of the chat box. It infuriates him. He waits for her to respond.
Eileen: Well... *blush* awkwardness... Hm... Okay, I'm just gonna say this... Okay. So, I haven't been avoiding you, so much as been avoiding me. If that makes any sense. Which I know it doesn't. I'll explain. After chatting with you on the night of the dance, I felt something, I tried to ignore it, I ignored you, but I couldn't. I wouldn't acknowledge to myself that yes, I indeed do, *takes deep breath...* like you as more than a friend.
Skyler sees her response come, it's really long. He scrolls up to read it. When he gets to the bottom, his mouth opens in shock. He doesn't respond for a minute or two, just staring at those words. He finally comes to himself and writes two words and signs out:
Skyler: Me too.
Eileen stares at the screen, noticing that he had logged out. She didn't care. She said goodbye to Lauren and put the computer down, staring at the wall in shock. After a minute, a small grin started to appear on her face and she went back on her email and started typing extremely fast to Lauren, laughing with delight.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen is on her email, chatting with Lauren.
Lauren: Wait, so Skyler seriously said he liked you!?
Eileen: Yes! How many times to I have to tell you?
Lauren: Just making sure.
Eileen: Alright. EEEE!
Lauren: Well, someone's excited.
Eileen: Yes, rather.
Lauren: Obviously. Okay, I have to go to school. Bye!
Eileen: Okay, bye!
Lauren signs off. Eileen is about to when she sees someone else come online. It's Skyler. She hesitates, debating whether or not to chat with him, if she doesn't, things will be awkward, so she does.
Eileen: Hello!
Skyler: Hi.
Eileen: Bob.
Skyler: Sorry, I really have to go to school! Bye!
Eileen: Okay, bye.
Skyler signs off, making Eileen wonder why he came online in the first place. She sighs and logs out too.]
[Switch to Skyler]
Skyler (to himself): Gah! She probably thinks you're avoiding her now. Ugh.
[Skyler grabs his bag, runs and does a three sixty out the door.]
Skyler: Parkour!
[End scene.]

[Scene opens in English. Eileen and Skyler are sitting across the room from each other. This is there seating arrangement. As discretely as possible, they keep looking at each other and grinning. Of course, there are a couple of heads in between them, so they don't have a clear view of each other. The bell rings and they go to World Studies. They each go to there locker, and when they come back, Eileen subtly and "accidentally" bumps into Skyler. He grins and goes to sit in his assigned seat, which, this time, is right in front of Eileen, slightly to the right, so she can look at him all she wants and pretend she's paying attention. The teacher is coming around, putting people in groups.]
Ms. Miller: You four. You four. You four.
[She puts Skyler and Eileen in a group with Liza and Will.]
Skyler: Wasup Will?
[Skyler says doing some kind of weird hand shake-y thing with him.]
Will: Not much, Skydog.
[Will says imitating a bad lisp (can't really describe it.).]
[They start to work, Skyler and Eileen finding ways to accidentally bump each other, look at each other, whatever. They grin the whole time.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. It's the weekend. Skyler is talking with Will.]
Will: So, Skyler, I noticed a little something going on with you and a certain someone... Other than Kelsey...
[Skyler blushes. Will continues.]
Will: Can you tell me what's going on between you and Eileen?
Skyler: There's nothing going on between me an Eileen. (quietly and to himself) unfortunately.
Will: What'd you just say?
Skyler: Nothing!
Will: Uh-huh. Tell me.
Skyler: Fine. I said unfortunately. I wish there was something going on between me and Eileen.
[Will looks shocked. This wasn't an answer he had been expecting.]
Will: I see...
[Will raises his eyebrows twice. And continues.]
Will: So, what're you gonna do about this?
Skyler: What do you mean?
Will: About Kelsey.
Skyler: I don't know. I can't break up with her, she cares to much. But, I don't really, anymore. What should I do?
Will: Personally, I'd chose Kelsey over Eileen. She's too...
Skyler: Weird? Dorky? Eccentric?
[Will nods.]
Will: Exactly. Dude, you can do so much better.
Skyler: No, but that's what I like about her. She doesn't care what other people think about her.
Will: My point is, neither does Kelsey.
Skyler: Um... Dude, where have you been? Of course Kelsey cares what other people think about her.
Will: Fine, but still. Eileen's just... not right for you.
Skyler: I don't care. Yes, she is.
Will: Fine, it's your choice, but when you break each other's hearts by not working out, don't come crying to me.
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Skyler is talking to Kelsey in an empty hallway.]
Skyler: Look, Kelsey... I was just thinki-
[Kelsey cuts him off.]
Kelsey: Yeah, so was I, it's not working out. I'm sorry, but no. It's not going to work out.
[Skyler stares in shock, this would be easier than he expected.]
Skyler: Yeah, so do you agree with me in that we're through?
[Kelsey nods, sort of sadly, but mainly happy that she was now free again.]
Kelsey: In which case, I have to go. Bye.
Skyler: Bye.
[They hug quickly and sort of awkwardly. They walk away from each other, both happy about how easy that was.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen is at her computer. Skyler comes online. He starts chatting with her.
Skyler: I just wanted to let you know, Kelsey and I broke up.
Eileen starts spazzing out when she sees those words.
Eileen: Oh, I'm sorry.
Skyler: Don't be.
Eileen: Okay, EEEE!
Skyler: Wow....
Eileen: Sorry...
They're both silent for a minute, then both start typing and post at the same time:
Skyler and Eileen: So, why do you like me?
Eileen starts laughing.
Eileen: Spontaneous posting!
Skyler: Hehe, okay, I guess I'll answer first.
Skyler starts typing. Eileen sees the words "Skyler is typing" at the bottom of the chat box. Finally, he posts a response.
Skyler: I cannot honestly say. I can't because, I truly don't know myself.
Eileen: Okay, I had the same answer.
Skyler: Oh. Our brains must think alike or something.
Eileen: Yeah, I know!
Skyler: So, now, um... we've established that we like each other... So.
Eileen: I know where this is going, but I want you to ask anyway.
Skyler: Fine. Be that way. Eileen, *puts on a serious face and tone* will you go out with me?
Eileen: *Pretends to be taken aback* Oh, Skyler, I don't know. Hm... Let me think. YES!
Skyler: *throws confetti!!!!!!!*
Eileen: Hehe....
Skyler: Well, I have to do my homework now. Bye!
Eileen: Bye!
Skyler signs off. Eileen is beaming.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Skyler gets off the bus. It's Friday morning. He doesn't see Eileen's car anywhere. He starts to walk towards the school. Then, he sees Eileen get out of a different car than usual. She goes around, opens the trunk, and gets out her backpack. A boy, Drew, follows her. She waves goodbye to the person driving the car. She reaches out and rubs Drew's hair. He flinches and she laughs. She then spots Skyler. She waves to him energetically. As they get closer, Eileen, who is still continuing her conversation with Drew, jumps in the air, pushing down on his shoulders.]
Eileen: Cheese puff!
Drew: Never!
[Skyler stares at them.]
Eileen: Good morning, Skyler.
Skyler: Good morning to you too.
[Skyler is casting glances at Drew, trying to tell why he's with Eileen.]
[Eileen, as though sensing his discomfort, spoke.]
Eileen: Skyler, this is Drew, Drew, Skyler. I've known Drew since he was two months old. Nothing to worry about.
[Skyler grins and hugs Eileen. Drew is staring at them.]
Drew: So...
[He raises his eyebrows twice.]
Eileen: Ugh, Drew. Really?
[Drew nods. She laughs and pokes him. Skyler and Eileen go upstairs to there lockers, while Drew stays downstairs.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen and Skyler walk down the stairs together and go outside. Drew and Josh each have a swing. Eileen runs to the remaining swing. Skyler is just behind her.]
Eileen: Come on.
[She pats her lap, indicating for Skyler to sit on it.]
Skyler: Uh...
Eileen: Come on, it'll be fun!
Skyler: Fine!
[Skyler sits down on her lap a little awkwardly. He grabs the chains and scoots back so he doesn't fall off. Eileen starts swinging, happily. Drew and Josh stare.]
Josh: Uh, Eileen, is there something we should know about?
Lauren: Of course there is!
[Lauren had just burst through the doors to outside.]
Lauren: Skyler and Eileen are lovebirds!
[She puts her hands up and makes a heart.]
[Eileen rolls her eyes. Skyler blushes.]
Josh: What?! Since when?
[Drew stares, not knowing what to say.]
[Drew, choosing the moment to be awkward, speaks.]
Drew: But, Eileen, what about your Dom-Dom-Dearest?
[Eileen blushes.]
Eileen: I stopped liking him a while ago. Something about being rejected so many times makes common sense catch up to you.
[Eileen smiles at Skyler. Skyler starts to lean in, but Will comes bursting through the doors.]
Will: Skydog, what the heck? (In his undescribable lisp immitation...)
[Eileen starts, and falls backward off the swing. Skyler, being on her lap still, falls on top of her.]
Eileen: OOf.
Skyler: Sorry...
Will: You were going to kiss her!?
[Skyler looks awkwardly at his feet.]
Will: I mean, seriously. For Eileen? You dumped Kelsey for Eileen?
[Skyler is still looking at his feet. Eileen looks at Will, who in turn, looks at her.]
Will: Not being mean to you or anything.
[Will says hastily.]
Eileen: Yeah, I don't really care.
Will: Dude, Skyler, she's just so weird. How can you stand it?!
[Skyler gives Will the finger, his usual reaction in situations such as these.]
[Lauren decides to get in between them.]
Lauren: Okay, calm down... Gosh.
Eileen: Wow Lauren. Very impressive means you used. Of course they'll calm down. Who wouldn't after that motivational--
Lauren: Oh shut up.
[Eileen sits back down on the swing. Skyler and Will roll there eyes at each other.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen and Skyler are in web page design. Skyler is sitting next to Eileen, who is sitting next to Josh. Skyler's friends are sitting around him.]
Evan: Ugh! All my text just disappeared.
Eileen: Come on, let me see it.
[Evan puts the computer on Skyler's desk. Eileen leans over to work on it. Her hand brushes against Skyler's, she smiles. She looks at Evan's coding.]
Eileen: You forgot to close your font tag. Here.
[Eileen closes the tag for him. She hands the computer back to him, leaning closer to Skyler. Skyler grins at her, she grins back.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen and Skyler are walking out of the school together.]
Eileen: GAh! It's the weekend.
Skyler: But, that's a good thing!
Eileen: Not to me. I don't get to see you, and, well, actually, this weekend isn't so bad. Lauren's coming over today, so, it'll be fun.
Skyler: Yeah, none of my friends are coming over this weekend.
Eileen: What do you do for fun?
[Skyler is about to answer, when they reach the bus. Skyler doesn't respond, but hugs Eileen goodbye.]
[End scene.]

[Scene opens. Eileen and Skyler are talking on their emails.
Skyler: So....
Eileen: So....
Skyler: Don't you So.... me!
Eileen: I'll So.... whoever I want!
Skyler: That sounds weird....
Eileen: Yeah, I realized that as I was typing.
Skyler: So... I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house sometime?
Eileen: Of course I want to.
Skyler: Okay, I shall see when I could... BARK!
Eileen: MEOW!
Skyler: OINK!
Eileen: MOO!
Skyler: Well, I have to go... Bye.
Eileen: Bye.
Skyler goes offline.]
[Scene ends.]

[A week later.]
[Scene opens. Eileen and Skyler are on the bus. Eileen is going over to Skyler's house. They talk about random things the whole bus ride. Finally, the bus stops at his house and they get off.]
Skyler: Welcome, to my house, m'lady.
[Skyler does a big bow. Eileen laughs, biting her lower lip.]
Eileen: Thank you very kindly, sir.
[Skyler opens the door, chuckling.]
Skyler: Mom! I'm home!
Skyler's mom: Hi honey! I'm upstairs!
[His mom yells. Her voice sounds muffled.]
Skyler: Eileen's here.
Skyler's mom: Okay, I'll be right down.
[Skyler and Eileen are standing in the entrance way. Skyler's mom comes down the stairs.]
Skyler: Mom, this is Eileen, Eileen, this is my mom.
Skyler's mom: Hello.
Eileen: Hi!
Skyler's mom: Okay, have fun. I'll be in the garden if you need me.
Skyler, Eileen: Okay. Jinks! One two three four five six seven eight nine
Eileen: STOP!!
[Eileen and Skyler start laughing.]
Skyler: Alright, come on, I'll show you my room.
[Skyler grabs Eileen's hand and pulls her up the stairs, down the hall, and into his bedroom.]
[Skyler jumps onto his bed, flinging his backpack down by his desk.]
Skyler: So, what do you want to do?
Eileen: I don't know, what do you want to do?
Skyler: Oh god, please don't let us start that.
[Eileen laughs and sits on the bed.]
Eileen: Okay, I won't. So, what do you want to do, though?
Skyler: I've got an idea!
[Eileen doesn't have time to respond before Skyler is sitting next to her, tickling her. She starts laughing really hard, bent over, squirming.]
Eileen: NO! Stop! Stop! Heh!
[Eileen nearly yells between breaths and shouts of laughter.]
[Eileen is lying on her back on the bed, curled up in a ball. Skyler is sitting to her side, still tickling her.]
[Skyler's mom comes in, not knocking. She sees Skyler tickling Eileen, and backs out silently, a look of relief on her face.]
[Eileen can't make noise anymore, she's out of breath, silent spasms of laughter wracking her body. She snorts, and Skyler starts laughing, to hard to keep tickling her. Eileen catches her breath, lying on her back. She can't stop laughing.]
Eileen: So, that's how you want it, huh?
[Eileen leans in and tickles Skyler, while poking him.]
Skyler: NO! GAh! Not fair! Stop it!
Eileen: Never!
[They're still laughing. Eileen eventually gives up, and lies down on her back. Skyler and Eileen are lying side by side on the bed.]
Skyler: Kelsey would never dare to do that with me. Our relationship was basically making out...
[Skyler stares into space. A look of annoyance passes over Eileen's face at the mention of Kelsey.]
Skyler: Oh well.
[Skyler rolls over, so he's on his side, facing Eileen.]
Skyler: This time, Will isn't here, and there's no swing to fall off.
[Eileen is looking confused, trying to figure out what Skyler means. A look of comprehension dawns on her face as Skyler starts leaning in.]
[Skyler is about to kiss her, when she pulls back. Well, as well as she can, given she's lying on her back.]
Skyler: What?
Eileen: I, I don't really... What am I supposed to do?
[Skyler rolls his eyes.]
Skyler: Oh wow. (He sighs.) Just do what your instincts tell you to.
Eileen: Which is... what? I'm sorry! I don't know! I've never done this before.
Skyler: Wow. Way to make things awkward. You're making to big of a deal out of this.
[Before she can respond, Skyler leans in and kisses her.]
[She lays shocked on her back, finally, she realizes what is happening. She sits up, still kissing him. She wraps her arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around her waist. After a minute, Eileen pulls back abruptly.]
Eileen: Um...
[Skyler rolls his eyes.]
Skyler: Seriously? You have to question everything I do?
Eileen: I'm sorry!
Skyler: It's fine. Now, this time, don't pull back, okay?
[He leans in and kisses her again. This time, she doesn't pull back. After about a minute, he stops.]
Skyler: See, that wasn't so bad, was it?
[Eileen shakes her head.]
[Eileen stands up, and goes over to Skyler's closet. She opens it, and looks inside. She pulls out a box. It is a board game. We see it's Monopoly.]
Eileen: Wanna play?
Skyler: Sure!
[They open the box, and set up the game.]
[End scene.]

Last edited by superdork11 on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:53 am; edited 5 times in total
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) ) Empty Re: Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) )

Post by Tolly12bells Fri 28 May 2010, 6:46 pm

Well, er, you know, I've already read it. xD But... good anyway!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) ) Empty Re: Screenplay... (Because I don't really know what else to call it... :) )

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 9:07 am

Yes, I know you've already read it. I posted it for other people. So... thank you!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 29 May 2010, 11:34 am

I know you did, but I felt the need to comment, because it's sort of sad to have no comments on your story.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 12:14 pm

Yeah, thank you.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sat 29 May 2010, 7:59 pm

Great job, Eileen! *applause* I liked the love-triangle sort of thing. I'd like to read more! Silly
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

http://nadinedreamer.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 8:01 pm

Yeah, I would too, but that means I would have to write more. Thank you, *bows* I will write more when I have an idea of what's going to happen.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 9:02 pm

More up!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 29 May 2010, 9:31 pm

Well... Wow, that was a little bit awkward...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sat 29 May 2010, 10:19 pm

Nice, Eileen. Eye Roll Yes, a bit awkward. xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 11:17 pm

Yes, it was a bit awkward....
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 29 May 2010, 11:39 pm

But that's okay, because we're awkward people. xD
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 11:44 pm

Yes, we are.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sat 29 May 2010, 11:44 pm

Actually, that's sort of an understatement. xD
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sat 29 May 2010, 11:45 pm

Yeah, it is....
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sun 30 May 2010, 11:12 am

xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 30 May 2010, 12:19 pm

HEHE.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 30 May 2010, 7:54 pm

NOTE: I changed the last scene, so I could do what I'm going to do in later scenes to come.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Sun 30 May 2010, 8:31 pm

Nice. Smile
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 30 May 2010, 9:32 pm

Thank you.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:55 am

Three more scenes up. I don't really like them as much.... Sorry. But still, enjoy!
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 01 Jun 2010, 9:14 am

Lol, that was cute. Smile
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 01 Jun 2010, 9:17 am

Thank you. *takes a bow*
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:26 pm

That was cute. Smile I love how awkward they were during the kiss scene. xD
Dreamer
Dreamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:09 pm

Yeah, I know... It was fun, yet extremely awkward to write.....
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next