Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizard Woods

3 posters

Go down

Wizard Woods Empty Wizard Woods

Post by tomboy1121 Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

What would you think if the goverment was chasing you, you had no idea where your parents were, or if you could find them, and you were basicly raising your younger sister? 19 year old Penny has to deal with this and more.

Chapter 1

I ran through the forest as fast as I could, I could hear them running. But I couldn't tell exactly where they were until they would get close, to close. They were getting faster each and every second. I had to run faster than them. Pain shot up my legs from running so hard. I couldn't help but stumble. “Ha!” A male voice came from behind me. “Got ya!” And I felt a large hand grab my arm. The voice started to laugh in triumph, but the laugh didn't last long. I swung around and did a few hard jabs in the man's stomach. That did the trick. He quickly let go of my arm from pain. I started running again, that had been close, to close. I heard loud yelling behind me, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GOT IT AND THEN IT GOT AWAY!” A gruff voice yelled. I'm guessing I'm the 'it'. Then I heard the man who had captured me mumble something but I couldn't hear. “WELL I DON'T CARE IF IT HURT YOU! YOU SHOULD HAVE STUNNED IT OR SOMETHING!” The gruff voice yelled ever louder. I stole a glance behind me. I could see them, they were running while they were talking. Obviously they didn't realize that would make them tired even sooner. Not to soon after I thought it one of them pant. “Boss, I'm getting tired.” “WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY YOU CUPCAKE!” The gruff voice who I guessed was the leader of the group yelled. “Nothing sir!” He called back. I stole another glance behind me, they were slowing down. I'm going to make it! And then, one of them jumped out about ten yards in front of me. “Drat.” I said under my breath. I kept on running. I had a plan, if it went right, I would roll in between his legs. If it went wrong, he would easily grab me. Chances of me getting it right? One out of ten. I tried not to think of what would happen to me if I was caught. The only good thing about it would be I would have a slim chance of finding my parents. But that chance was so small, it was microscopic. I decided to go ahead with my plan. I mean, there was still a chance I would make it. So I charged to the man, and when I was only a few feet away from him, I ducked, but it looked as though I was tripping, and I rolled over my head, under the mans legs. With my final roll I saw the man reach down to be find out I wasn't lying at his feet. I laughed, “You will never catch me!” I yelled at them. The man who had almost caught me, started yelling. Just yelling, there were no specific words. All the others in the group crowded around him. I smirked, all I have to do now is find a good place to hide and wait for them to search some where else for me. I looked back to make sure they were still there. They were, I ran ahead a few miles to get some distance between us. I found an old hollow tree, it was a little taller than me, so I climbed inside and waited. After a while, I heard the men who had been chasing me. They called themselves, the Banters, I scowled at them from my tiny hole in the tree. I hated them, I hated what they did. I hated the government for hiring them, actually paying them!
The government hired the Banters to hunt down all the wizards, if you could do magic, any kind of magic at all. They would drag you to prison. I started to scowled even harder when I thought of the day they came to my house. The day they ruined my life.
It had been at exactly 3:21 when they came. Me, my mom and dad, and my younger sister Amy, had all been at the house when the door knocked. Both of my parents answered it. Me and Amy had been in the kitchen at the time.
I blinked back tears from what happened next.
All of a sudden, I had heard a click, and then my mom screamed.
I don't think I will ever be able to forget the way my mom had screamed.
And then I heard a loud thud. Then my dad started to yell at whoever was at the door. We heard the click again, and this time, my dad yelled. There was another loud thud. I heard someone say “Take these two to the truck, I'll handle the girls.” I knew exactly who the girls were. I reached over and grabbed Amy's arm, I looked at her, her eyes were big, she looked like the worst thing in the world had happened.
It probably had.
I knew exactly how she felt, but we had to move. Whatever they did to our parents, someone was about to do it to us. I stood up and tried to get my sister to the backdoor. But she wouldn't move. She was frozen in terror, I wanted to do the same thing. But I knew that if I didn't get us out of here and away from those people, we might never do anything else.. So I had reached over and grabbed her other arm, and pulled her up and I had brought us both outside the back door. After she was outside she seemed wake up from the shock. Me and her both had ran all the way to the woods, Amy couldn't run any farther. We had made a lean-to and slept there hidden in the woods. The very next day, we made our house. It wasn't to hard, we knew we couldn't have a normal house out in the woods without someone noticing something weird. So me and Amy took some wood and made a door, after that we looked for a big tree. And we put the door on the tree, and used some of our magic and made a room behind the door. It was only one room, it was about the size of a class room.
And we've had to live there. For those three long years, out in the cold. Having to stay hidden no matter what.
I remember those first few weeks. Of Amy, when she thinks I'm asleep, crying for hours on end. The sadness that surrounded around her like a fog that never seemed to go away.
Then suddenly I realized I was alone. The Banters had gone off. I quietly got out of the hollow tree, and I started to walk home. It was dark, I didn't realize I had been gone so long.
I opened the door and walked in. And my 10 year old sister looked up at the noise of the door opening and closing.
“It's about time you got back Penny!” Amy said. “I was starting to worry.”
“Sorry Amy,” I told her as I took my backpack off. “There was a long line at the store.”
“Oh, I hate- I mean, I hated that when I would go.” Amy said looking away.
I felt bad for lying to her like that, but I knew I couldn't tell her I had been chased. If she found out I had been almost caught. I shuddered at the thought.
“So... do you know what day it is today?” Amy asked sweetly. I started to pull the grocery's out of my backpack. “Oh yeah, I looked at the paper, today is Thursday December the 12th.” I said smiling to myself. “Oh I knew the date, I didn't realize it was a Thursday though.” Amy said sounding slightly disappointed. “Hmm, I think there was something else going on today.” I said acting like I forgot. “Hmm, really? What is it?” Amy said. “Today's your- Birthday!” I shouted. “You remembered!” Amy squealed. “How could I forget your birthday?” I said. “It's just that all the things going on, and us not having a calender, I just wasn't sure.” Amy said. I looked her in the eye, “I will never forget your birthday.” I promised. Amy sighed in relief. “Good. And I promise I will never forget your birthday either.” Amy promised. “Happy birthday to you-” I began. “Happy birthday to me-” Amy continued. “Happy birthday dear Amy-” I continued. “Happy birthday to me!” Amy finished. We started laughing at my horrible singing. “I got you a gift.” I said after we managed to stop laughing. “Aw, you didn't have to do that.” Amy said. Amy followed me as I went over to my backpack and pulled out the softest blanket I could find. “It looks so soft!” Amy whispered stroking it. “I can't wait to use it.”
“Well, you won't have to wait long. We should go to bed soon.” I told her. “Ooh! Let's go to bed now!” Amy said excitedly. We ran over to the bed we shared. Amy carefully placed the blanket underneath our thin sheets, and we got into bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

I woke up to the sound of a fire crackling. Amy must have gotten up and started to fire already. I thought still half asleep. I rolled over to get a few more minutes of sleep.
I wonder why Amy hasn't made me get up yet? I wondered. She is such a morning person, and I am such a night time person. I opened my eyes, and I expected to see the wall on the other side of our bed. I couldn't see the wall, because Amy was still in bed. Someone was in our house.
I suddenly felt wide awake. We don't know anybody now. If we tried to get in contact with our friends, it would be like sending up a flare saying “Please take me to prison!” and the Banters have been searching everyone to make sure no wizards were sneaking in. It was hard enough to get to the grocery store.
I almost poked Amy in the back to see if she was awake, but then I remembered that if I did, she would jump a foot in the air, she doesn't like it when people wake her up. So I rolled over again, more quietly this time. I looked around the room with half closed eyes. I couldn't see anyone.
Then a few moments later, I saw some movement over in the corner. I looked over and I saw, a guy around my age trying to make breakfast quietly. I almost started to laugh at how he was trying to cook. He couldn't find any of our cooking supplies except for the food, so he was using a shovel, which I'm guessing he cleaned it before he started to 'cook'. As a frying pan. And he was raking some fresh eggs: while they were on the shovel, with a trowel. And he must have taken our sheet that we had thrown in a corner of our room. And had tried to make it be on him like an apron, but hadn't succeeded. After watching him for a while, I realized he could defend himself if I tried to attack him. I looked around close to our bed for something that would knock him out.
And then I saw it, a metal candle holder. I slowly reached my arm out for it while watching the guy to make sure he didn't look back. When I finally grasped it's handle, I folded the blanket carefully over Amy and made sure not to wake her up. I stood up, and started to walk slowly and quietly over to the guy. I soon realized I hadn't been paying much attention to where I had been stepping, because I accidentally stepped on a crunchy dead leaf, and it made a crunch that normally wouldn't have sounded loud, but it seemed as though a spell had magnified it's sound. The guy whirled around at the noise. I hadn't been able to see his face earlier because he had had his back toward me.
I was pretty good a telling how a person felt by just looking at their face, no matter how hard they tried to hide it.
This guy was scared, hungry, surprised, and I could tell, that he had been living out in the wilderness.
He started to raise his right hand. Which is always the hand you use to do spells with.
And as he raised it he started to say something that sounded like a spell.
This guy was a wizard.
tomboy1121
tomboy1121

Back to top Go down

Wizard Woods Empty Re: Wizard Woods

Post by Tolly12bells Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

Ooooh... I love the plot line behind this, and I applaud your use of a cliffhanger there at the end. Can't wait to read more. Silly
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by tomboy1121 Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:37 pm

Thanks Very Happy
tomboy1121
tomboy1121

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

Ooh.... Interesting. Smile Please post more, as I agree with Lauren about the cliffhanger thing. I want to read more. Smile
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by tomboy1121 Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:18 pm

I'll post a new chapter sometime tomorrow or the day after Smile the next chapter might be a little shorter though.
tomboy1121
tomboy1121

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm

That's alright, I'm looking forward to it. Smile
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 07 Dec 2011, 12:22 am

Ohh, yes. I shall make a point to check tomorrow... Smug (Okayy, sorry. You're new, I should probably wait before I start to use that disturbing smiley... xD)
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:28 am

Ahahaha. xDD Smug I love that one. So, I shall check later today, yay.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum