Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Creative Souls
Welcome to Creative Souls! This annoying popup is going to follow you around until you login or register. >=D So I suggest you do so now.
If you plan on viewing the forum as a guest, be aware that as a guest you won't be able to reply to anything and won't be cabable of accessing some parts of the forum. I'd suggest you register.
Creative Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Holiday Song?

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Holiday song?

Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_lcap9%Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_lcap5%Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_lcap14%Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_lcap0%Favorite Holiday Song? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Favorite Holiday Song? Empty Favorite Holiday Song?

Post by Tolly12bells Mon 05 Oct 2009, 11:17 pm

OK, friends! It just started snowing where I live, and that suddenly got me in a Christmasy mood! (Holy banana muffins, Christmasy is actually a word)! Like I said, I'm feeling very holidayish at the moment, and I've been listening to a TON of Holiday songs and Christmas Carols. I was suddenly curious, which are your guys' favorites? Mind you, these aren't going to be like the one's you would sing in church. These are more, upbeat songs that everybody sings. Here are the ones I can list:

Jingle Bells: You guys all know it. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh. HEY! You get the idea.

Sleigh Ride: May be less familiar, but I'm sure you've heard it: Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-tingling too. Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you. Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling yoo-hoo, come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you... Giddy-up giddy-up giddy-up let's go, let's look at the show, we're riding in a wonderland of snow... Ringing a bell? Google it if you're not catching on.

Winter Wonderland: One of my personal faves: Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening, a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland... Gone away, is the bluebird, here to stay, is a new bird. He sings a love song, as we go along. Walking in a winter wonderland. In the meadow we can build a snowman, and pretend that he is Parson Brown. He'll say are you married, we'll say no man, but you can do the job while you're in town. Later on, we'll conspire, as we dream, by the fire, to face unafraid, the plans that we've made, walking in a winter wonderland. I'm sure you've all heard it at some point in time.

White Christmas: I don't know this one too well, so cut me some slack: I'm, dreaming of a white, Christmas, just like the ones, I used to know.... I reckon most of you have heard that one.

Carol Of The Bells: This one's really fast, and not very well known, but just in case... Hark how the bells, sweet silver bells, all seem to say, throw cares away, Christmas is here bringing good cheer to young and old, meek and the bold, ding-donging dong, that is their song, with joyful ring, all caroling, o'er hill and dale, telling their tale. One seems to hear words of good cheer from everywhere filling the air, gaily they ring while people sing, songs of good cheer Christmas is here, everybody have a merry Christmas, everybody have a merry Christmas, on on they send, on without end, their joyful tone to every home. Ding, dong, ding dong, Boooooooong.... Also google-worthy.

Silver Bells: Probably my personal favorite: City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, in the air there's a feeling of Christmas, children laughing, people passing, meeting smile after smile, and on every street corner you hear... Silver bells... Silver bells...Silver bells, Silver bells..., It's Christmas time in the city... Ring-a-ling, Ring-a-ling, Hear them ring, Hear them ring... Soon it, will be Christmas day... There we are...

Let it Snow: Another self-explanatory one: Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire, is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, let it snow let it snow let it snow. When we finally kiss good-night, how I'll hate going out in the storm, but if you really hold me tight, all the way home I'll be warm, oh the fire is slowly dying, and my dear, we're still good-bying, but as long as you love me so, let it snow let it snow let it snow...

Deck The Halls: You all know this. Eye Roll Deck the hall with boughs of holly. Fa la la la la la la la la, tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la la la la You know. Now, in LATIN! Aulum sertis adornate, falalalalalalalala, opus est hilaratate, falalalalalalalala, Claras in du mare vestes, falalalalalalalala Christe au de fa dor festes falalalalalalalala. LOL! I had to add that, sorry!

Jingle Bell Rock: You know this one as well Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell, rock. Jingle bells ring, and Jingle bell swing. You get it.

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer: Pointless to type the lyrics at all. Seriously.

Up On The Housetop: Fairly well known, but you know. Up on the housetop, reindeer pause, out jumps good old Santa Claus, down through the Chimney with lots of toys, all for the little ones Christmas joys.

12 Days Of Christmas: On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree. You know this one!

Christmas Pipes: You've probably never heard this one. Listen to it. I'm not even posting lyrics.

Frosty The Snowman: Pointless for lyrics. Eye Roll

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree: I don't actually know the words to this one. LOL!

Holly Jolly Christmas: Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year, I don't know if There'll be snow, but have a cup of cheer.

We Wish You A Merry Christmas: Self-Explanatory! We wish you a merry Christmas (3 times) And a happy new year!

Now I bet all of you guys are in my same wacky holiday mood too! Well, vote for them, and if I missed your favorite that everybody should know, feel free to tell me, and I'll edit the poll.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Favorite Holiday Song? Empty Re: Favorite Holiday Song?

Post by PeggySnow Tue 06 Oct 2009, 4:09 pm

I'd have to say Jinglebell Rock, or Up on the Housetop Nod
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 06 Oct 2009, 6:50 pm

I see. Nod xD Why didn't you vote, just out of curiosity?
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bela Kiss Tue 06 Oct 2009, 6:53 pm

White Christmas. Smile
Bela Kiss
Bela Kiss
Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2

http://ponderousbuffoon.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Tue 06 Oct 2009, 6:56 pm

Cool! Thank for voting!
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTreeHill! Wed 07 Oct 2009, 9:34 pm

In school for show choir we are singing Tis the Season and Deck the Halls all in the same song they are formed together!
OneTreeHill!
OneTreeHill!
Scholar 2
Scholar 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Wed 07 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm

Cool! xD Ooh, must, resist, urge... SUBSIDING!
No lu lae, no lu lae, no lae ubi que. O quantum est gaudium in tra ha per ve hea. HEY!
Aulum sertis adornate fa la la la lalalalala (got too lazy to type the space)
Adeste fidelis laete triumphantes venite venite in Bethlehem. Natum videte regem angelorum, venite adoremus venite adoremus, venite adoremus, dominum...
OK, random Latin outburst is finished. xD I want to sing Silver Bells for Christmas this year in choir. Nod City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style, in the air there's a feeling of Christmas... Children laughing, people passing, meeting smile after smile, and on every street corner you hear.... I just get such a clear picture. Lamp posts with wreaths on them, that crowded look of Main Street when all the holiday shoppers are about...
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySnow Thu 08 Oct 2009, 6:21 pm

I thought I did vote... hmmm LOL
PeggySnow
PeggySnow
Scholar 3
Scholar 3

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Sun 14 Feb 2010, 9:11 am

Yeah, I like Let it Snow. But, Lauren, you forgot:

Orientes reges tres, procul dornes portantes. Per campos et montesemus, stelesam sequentes.

Yea.
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tolly12bells Sun 14 Feb 2010, 1:07 pm

But I, er, don't remember all the words to that one. Lolz.
Tolly12bells
Tolly12bells
Rising Star 2
Rising Star 2

Back to top Go down

Post by superdork11 Mon 15 Feb 2010, 10:20 am

That's the one I learned all the lyrics for, not the others, well, obviously I know
No lu lae, No lu lae, No lae ubi que
superdork11
superdork11
Rising Star 1
Rising Star 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down